Welcome to the Best Source of Canadian Online Casinos
Looking to play at safe online casino sites in Canada? CasinoSource.ca lists the top new Canadian casinos online for 2017. All sites are fully licensed, vetted by our team, and can be trusted to offer fair play. We collect big exclusive sign up offers, review the full casino, and are here to help with any questions. Find casino reviews, game information and free spins today!
Top Canadian Online Casinos 2017
partycasino is the casino arm of the same company behind the massively successful partypoker. The same design elements and top-notch game software that went into the poker site are present here as well.
Casino Room has been a staple in the online casino world for well over a decade and plans to continue their success in that world for decades to come. Touting endless lists of games and variants, Casino Room is an online casino every player needs to check out!
Mr Green Casino
Mr Green is a relatively new player in the world of online gambling originally aimed at the Swedish market. Mr Green has spread its wings over the last few years and now accepts players from a number of European countries and Canada as well, bringing its highly entertaining and site to millions.
888 is one of the longest running online casinos in existence, boasting 20 years of experience. In that time they have garnered a reputation for featuring top-notch games and user-friendly interface design and promotions.
Kaboo Casino launched in 2015 with a fun and unique theme that drew users in, while an unmatched selection of games and the high quality of the site earned Kaboo a number of 'Best New Casino' honours. This casino appears to have a bright future ahead.
Casino.com finally fulfilled it's inevitable destiny in 2007 when it began operating a Mansion-backed online casino. Since then the company's dedication to providing players with the best gaming experience has grown the site and it's player base.
In the decade since it's founding, Winner has continually improved to reach it's current heights, where players can rest assured they will find an exceptional casino experience every time they log on.
EuroGrand is part of the William Hill Limited group, meaning the casino has access to the types of resources most sites can only dream of, and it shows.
The Best Canadian Online Casinos Guide 2017
The advent of internet casino games in the years leading up to the end of the 20th century created an opportunity for players all around the world to experience safe, real-money online casinos straight from their desktops, laptops, and even mobile devices. The thrills and excitement of traditional brick-and-mortar casinos have been transferred from the real world to the web, with none of the perks left out. Players looking to enjoy a hand of blackjack or a quick spin on the slots can do so without the hassle of leaving the comfort of home.
The best Canadian online casinos offer all the most popular table games and slots found around traditional casinos as well as new and unique versions made specific for casino websites. The biggest online casinos in Canada partner with a wealth of the top casino software providers who create the most cutting-edge casino games for players to enjoy, helping to supply those players with the most up-to-date casino experience. With so much going in to the biggest and best Canadian casino sites, players looking to pick a casino to bet with can be a bit overwhelmed by the selection.
Thankfully, this 2017 guide for Canadian online casinos breaks down all there is to know about the best online casinos in Canada and how to find them. Players wondering how to make a deposit at an online casino or looking to find out who offers the biggest progressive jackpots can find it all right here in this guide, where players will find the most frequently asked questions about online casinos as well as other useful tips to ensure players find the best Canadian online casinos available on the web!
Choosing the Best Canadian Online Casinos
Choosing the best online casinos in Canada can be a bit daunting when the selection includes dozens, if not hundreds, of topnotch choices. Fortunately, the best casino review sites like CasinoSource.ca can help guide players through the complex world of choosing an online casino. Canadian players looking to pick the best online casinos should start by considering game selection, before moving on to welcome bonuses and overall user experience.
Ensuring an online casino has all the games and titles players love is crucial when choosing which casino to sign up with. Once a player has established that the games they like are offered, players should move on to considering the bonuses being offered to new players as well as the actual user experience of the casino sites. If several online casinos have the games and titles a player loves, offer generous welcome bonuses to new players, and have quality user experiences, players are ready to get into the nitty-gritty of choosing the best online casinos.
Since most of the biggest online casinos in Canada offer the most popular casino games from all the top software providers, supply outrageously generous welcome bonuses, and offer a smooth, user-friendly gambling experience, players must look to more obscure aspects to find the differences. This includes investigating a casino site’s payout rate or analyzing the mobile options available, like if a dedicated mobile app exists or not. The more you know about an individual online casino, the easier it is to choose one!
How Safe are Online Casinos?
A major concern of many new online gamblers is internet safety. The early days of gambling on the internet came with a bit of personal risk but, thankfully, any players enjoying one of today’s top online casinos have nothing to worry about when it comes to safety and security. All the top casinos on the web take an immense amount of precaution when it comes to player security.
Any private information provided to a major online casino is guaranteed to be protected from third parties. All financial transactions are encrypted to avoid any virtual theft. Overall, the online casinos world has come a long way with respect to player safety, ensuring all modern players they are safe to enjoy online casinos without securities risk.
Are Real Money Online Casinos Legal in Canada?
That’s a bit of a tricky question, but the most relevant point is that Canadians that play at an online casino are safe from prosecution. Gambling regulation in Canada is left up to the individual provinces, who have by and large legalized it, making real-world casinos readily available across the country. Many of the provinces have also legalized and expanded into the world of online gambling, but limiting access to provincial citizens.
The question comes when considering remote online casinos, which have a murky status in terms of whether they are allowed to offer their services to Canadian players under the law. With the legalization of general Canada and the sovereignty claims of the Kahnawake Gaming Commission (a First Nation tribe that serves as one of the largest online gambling hosts on Earth) the case of remote online casinos is one without a definitive answer.
At present, however, Canadian authorities have yet to bring any kind of action against a remote casino operator, seeming to signal a willingness to allow them to consider operating within the country at present. Given that willingness and the fact that Canadians engaged in online gambling via remote casinos absolutely cannot be prosecuted for doing so, Canuck punters should feel free to play with confidence at present.
Do Online Casinos Need a Canadian Gambling License?
As stated above, the legal status of remote internet casinos in Canada is less than clear, and as a result those casinos that accept Canadian players do NOT need to get a Canadian gaming license. Online casinos run by provincial governments in Canada do require a proper license, just the same as a physical casino would.
Understanding Online Casino Reviews
Players researching the best online casinos typically find themselves overwhelmed with endless amounts of casino reviews for all the top online casinos in the world, including Canada. Finding online casino reviews players can trust can be tough. Luckily, credible online casino reviews, like the ones you find on CasinoSource.ca, can be used to help players find the best online casinos for them!
In order for an online casino review to be credible, as well as thorough, a few key aspects of the casinos must be reviewed. First off, casino reviews should always indicate which countries the online casino can legally accept players from. Once legality is confirmed, reviews should investigate the safety and security of casino sites before moving onto more personal preferences like game selection and software providers.
Understanding what casino games are offered, who provides them and just how many options are available is crucial to some players’ decisions. Other players are more interested in the aesthetics of an online casino experience, which is typically covered in the user experience section, while some are all about the returns so they stick to casino reviews which include mention of the casinos’ payout rates. Regardless of players’ preferences, a quality casino review can go a long way in successfully picking the best online casino!
Most Popular Online Casino Games 2017
- Online Slots | Topping the list of most popular online casino games in 2017, online slots are by far the most played casino game offered on the web. Thanks to all the top software providers turning a majority of their attention to creating new and exciting titles, online slots are now offered by the hundreds at each of the top online casinos.
- Blackjack | Hitting 21 has proven to be as exciting on the internet as it is in a real life casino because online casino players have embraced this timeless card game just as traditional casino goers always have. With what seems like an endless list of variants offered, online blackjack is certainly a staple among the best casino sites.
- Roulette | Players looking for a bit of simplicity have always turned their attention to spinning the roulette wheel. This trend was passed along to online players as roulette has become, like blackjack, a crucial staple among online casino game selections.
- Baccarat | Baccarat didn’t always find the most success in the traditional brick-and-mortar casinos, especially when compared to blackjack, but online baccarat has certainly found a place for itself among the most popular internet casino games.
- Live-Dealer Games | As video streaming technology has improved, so has the overall experience of a live casino. Now that live casinos can use the highest quality HD cameras to stream their professional dealers, online players are taking notice. Most top online casinos offer some form of live-dealer games.
- Craps | Who doesn’t love the rush of a craps table? One of the most exciting games in all of gambling (both online and offline), craps is certainly an eye-catcher for some online casino players. Not as many casino sites offer craps as say slots or blackjack but it’s still a game that can be found at some of the best online casinos on the market.
Classics like blackjack and roulette seem timeless as the world of online casinos embraces the ageless casino games just as the traditional brick-and-mortar casinos always have. Games like baccarat have also found love among online casino players throughout the last couple decades but it is online slots that have taken the online casino world by storm.
Making up a majority of all online casino games produced, online slots are definitely the cream of every crop at the best online casinos. Casino games hosted by a live, professional dealer are also on the rise in terms of popularity in 2017. Most of the top online casino sites offer some form of a Live Casino product featuring live-dealer games.
Who Makes the Top Casino Games?
Online casinos wouldn’t be much without their casino games and the people to thank for those are the world’s top third-party software providers and developers from industry leaders like Playtech, Microgaming and Net Entertainment. These companies not only provide the incredible table games and slots titles everyone’s grown to love, they also create and provide the backend side of the sites. The top casino game providers include those listed above, with Net Entertainment getting the most recent recognition for their titles, as well as others such as Ash Gaming, Quickspin, Evolution Gaming, Thunderkick, and Yggdrasil, to name a few.
Top 5 Best Table Games to Play on the Internet
- Blackjack | Blackjack has always only required a player, a dealer, and a deck of cards. The simplicity of the game, combined with its required skill and overall excitement, is the core reasoning behind this table game translating so easily to the internet. The expansion of live dealer variants has pushed this game’s popularity even higher, solidifying its place as the top table game to play on the web.
- European Roulette | Online gamblers seem to enjoy the single zero used in this variant as European Roulette touts a massive following and can be found offered at all the biggest online casinos in Canada. The simple action of a wheel spinning made all types of roulette ripe for translation to the web.
- American Roulette | Not far behind European Roulette in terms of Canadian player volume is its western counterpart, American Roulette. Offering two zeroes, American Roulette calls in a crowd looking for a little more risk but the game translates equally as well to the internet as European Roulette.
- Three Card Poker | Known as the most profitable table game available, this poker offshoot has become a major offering among all the best online casinos. Not always as popular as blackjack and roulette but much more profitable, three card poker is one of the best games to play on the web.
- Craps | An attention grabber in most real world casinos, craps has always been a complicated game but a fun one. The world of online casinos hasn’t fully embraced the theatrical table game due to its complexity but, nonetheless, this exciting game can be found at plenty of quality casino sites around the web.
Creating an Online Casino Account
Once a player has investigated which online casino to enjoy, they must sign up for an account. Most online casinos ask players to register some personal information before picking their deposit method and making their first deposit. The following is the most common personal information online casinos will ask for when players sign up:
- Date of Birth
- Security Questions
- Betting Currency
Step-by-Step Depositing at Online Casinos Sites
Here’s a step-by-step guide to depositing funds at most of the biggest and best online casinos:
- Step 1: Go to the casino’s deposit page, which is usually clearly marked or offered once you’ve signed up for a new account.
- Step 2: Decide which payment method you’d like to use to make your deposit – remember most deposit methods are then used as withdrawal methods too.
- Step 3: Once you’ve confirmed the online casino accepts your desired payment method, find out if there are any time restraints to deposit with that method or any fees associated with that method.
- Step 4: Input all the relevant banking information.
- Step 5: Decide how much to deposit on your first deposit – don’t forget most online casinos offer to match your first deposit, so make sure to take full advantage!
- Step 6: Confirm all the information entered and save.
Best Deposit Options for Online Casinos
- Debit/Credit Cards | Used around the world in a majority of countries for most everyday purchases, debit and credit cards are also the most used deposit method at online casinos. VISA and MasterCard debit/credit cards are by far the most widely accepted but some casinos do accept others like American Express or Discover.
- eWallets | As one would expect with an internet-based industry like online gambling, digital banking methods are popular as is the case with eWallets. The eWallets accepted at almost all the best Canadian online casinos include NETELLER and Skrill (formerly known as Moneybookers).
- Prepaid Cards | Thanks to the added security, prepaid cards are an extremely popular deposit method for players. A large portion of the top rated online casinos in Canada accept the most popular prepaid card, Paysafecard. The Paysafe Group also owns and operates multiple eWallet services including Skrill.
- Bank Transfers | A direct bank transfer has always been a widely used deposit method for many online casino players. Increased security and technology has also made this option much safer and thus more popular.
- Pay-by-Phone | The newest form of depositing to take online casinos by storm, pay-by-phone through services like Boku and Zimpler is now accepted at a ton of the most popular online casinos. Based on an account set up through your phone service, pay-by-phone services add a new dimension of security to casino depositing.
- Bitcoin | The cryptocurrency taking the world by storm despite it’s somewhat mysterious beginnings, Bitcoin is by far the most popular virtual currency available. The digital, encrypted currency thrives, in part, thanks to its stellar privacy and security benefits as well as Bitcoin’s digital nature. All this and more is why the world of online gambling has embraced Bitcoin as a means of depositing and withdrawing.
Do Online Casino Deposits Charge Any Fees?
Most online casino deposits made with the top deposit options will require no fee but some online casinos will collect a fee even on debit and credit card deposits as well as eWallets; fortunately, this practice isn’t all that common. For players who wish to make a deposit with a more unique service like PayPal or a direct bank transfer, casinos are more likely to carry a small fee.
Is There a Limit on How Much You Can Deposit?
Almost all online casinos, including the biggest in Canada, have some sort of limit on how much a player can deposit at a time or in a given time period. Some operators push that limit to the point it only affects the highest rollers, like $10,000, but other casinos consider the limits a way to promote responsible gambling so they limit deposits to $100 a day or $300 a week, for instance. The deposit method players choose also plays a role; a service like Paysafecard will limit the deposit amount to a few hundred on average but eWallets tend to allow much higher limits.
Withdrawing Funds from an Online Casino
Players usually enjoy withdrawing funds from their online casino account more so than depositing. But like depositing, withdrawing from your online casino has become a breeze. Most online casinos inform players whatever payment method they’ve chosen to make the initial deposit will be used for all withdrawals. This means if a player deposited with a debit card like VISA, then they will receive their withdrawals to that same account. Worth noting, MasterCard is one of the most common depositing methods but typically does not offer a withdrawal option, so withdrawals must be completed to an alternative account.
What Does it Cost to Withdraw Funds from an Online Casino?
A majority of the biggest casino websites in Canada typically only charge withdrawal fees on unique or obscure payment methods like PayPal but a huge portion of withdrawals to debit/credit cards and eWallets do not carry any cost.
How Long Does it Take to Process Withdrawals?
There are no steadfast rules for processing times when it comes to withdrawing from an online casino account but it’s safe to say on average most withdrawals through popular payment methods will take about 3-5 days. Some casinos pride themselves on quick processing times and can do it in less than 2 days but others struggle and need up to 7 days of processing.
How Much Can You Withdraw at One Time?
Limits on the amount a player can withdraw from an online casino vary from casino to casino but do exist in some fashion at most of them. Some online casinos limit players to certain amounts per day with the average on debit/credit cards and eWallets hovering around $1,000 - $3,000. Some casinos’ limits only apply weekly or monthly and reach much higher totals.
High Paying Online Casinos
Determining which of the biggest online casinos pays out its players the most each year can be done by simply researching the casino payout rate for each site. The casino payout rate can vary from site to site, and even game to game, and is governed by the laws of each jurisdiction. Slot payouts are on average between 96% and 98%, with other games paying out less often.
Online Slots with the Biggest Progressive Jackpots
The online slot games with the biggest progressive jackpots are a top commodity at all the best online casinos in Canada. Casino sites offering these slot titles with the largest jackpots can draw in an unprecedented amount of new and returning players. Here is a list of the online slot titles offering the biggest progressive jackpots and what top online casinos are offering them:
How Do Players Claim Online Casino Winnings?
Claiming your winnings from an online casino game is easy, especially when it’s a small prize. Any winnings earned during normal game play will automatically be added to your casino account and can be withdrawn to your bank account at your convenience but can also sit inside the account until more winnings are earned if players prefer to wait to withdraw it all at once. Players who win massive jackpots or uniquely large payouts will need to check the online casino’s withdrawal terms to confirm how much can be withdrawn at a given time. Some casinos require the player contact them directly for the larger winnings to confirm their identity and the legitimacy of the claim.
Random Number Generator (RNG) and How it Affects Casino Games
Online gamblers in search of the best online casino games often come across references to a ‘random number generator’ but what is the RNG and how does affect online casino games? Random Number Generator (RNG) is software used for online casino games to generate a sequence of numbers, cards or symbols that cannot be predicted at a higher rate than random choice. So basically, RNG is the bedrock of the randomness of online casino games which solidifies the legitimacy and fairness of all the games. Without RNG technology, players couldn’t be assured the games were fair and random.
Is There a Limit to How Much a Player Can Bet?
Betting limits have long been a discussion within the world of online casinos. Allowing players the opportunity to bet massive amounts on a single hand or one spin can be a major draw for an online casino but can also create much higher risk of devastating losses for the players, a negative in the eyes of those looking to promote responsible gambling. Because of this break in ideology, casino games with all ranges of betting limits exist on the web. Some games only let players bet $10 per turn while other games seem limitless in terms of wagering amounts. New players should stick to online casinos and games with lower betting limits, while the higher limits should be left for high rollers.
Tips to Becoming a High Roller
- Manage a huge bankroll. Online casinos gauge a player’s status off of potential loses, not actual losses, so keeping a huge bankroll will certainly attribute if the casino views the player as a high roller.
- Always play big. Betting big and doing it often is obviously a huge part of becoming a high roller. These bets should reach well into the tens of thousands, if not more, on a regular basis.
- Find your game of choice (preferably baccarat). The casino game you choose when betting high can make or break your chances of sustaining that status so choosing a favorable game is crucial. Baccarat is the most profitable casino table game and is thus featured in most high roller rooms around the web.
- Earn the reputation. Access to high roller games is typically invite only, so establishing yourself through the above mentioned tips is vital to actually earning the status in the eyes of the casino and its other high rollers.
Downloading an Online Casino to Your Desktop
Although more popular in the earlier days of internet casinos, a large number of the most popular online casinos can still be downloaded straight to your desktop for easy access. The downloaded casino products provide a shortcut to the casino games without having to actually visit the websites in a browser as well as allow the software developers to load up the casinos with memory-consuming features and widgets. Nowadays, instant-play casinos displayed within a browser can handle all the software upgrades, making instant-play casinos more user-friendly and thus more popular.
The growth of mobile gambling and mobile casinos has brought downloading back into the forefront, though, but this time with mobile casino apps as opposed to desktop apps. A wealth of the biggest Canadian online casinos offer dedicated mobile apps for their gambling products, which can be downloaded straight to the device just like the desktop. Although instant-play casinos have taken hold in the world of browser-based casinos, the mobile casino world is heading back in the direction of downloading it seems.
Advantages of Instant-Play Casinos
Experienced online gamblers will attest to just how far instant-play (also known as browser-based) casinos have come since their creation. Thanks to advancements in processors, software, graphics, memory saving and a few other areas, playing an online casino instantly through a browser has become the easiest way to access an online casino. Instant-play casinos are now the most common casino product offered with many of the newer brands not even offering a downloadable version.
For many years, downloading a casino to your desktop was more advantageous than playing in the browser but this no longer holds true. Instant-play casinos come with a wealth of advantages, which is why they’ve become the most popular way to access an online casino. Players do not need to download space-consuming software on their computer, nor do they need to update the software when upgrades have been made (that’s all done automatically with instant-play casinos). Players using instant-play casinos can also access the most up-to-date game lists, a major draw for online casino players.
Are Mobile Casinos the Same as Traditional Casino Websites?
Adapting an online casino for use on a mobile device was once a tall task for developers but thanks to major advancements in technology, enjoying an online casino while on-the-go doesn’t mean the player has to sacrifice any of the features or elements of the casino they love. Thanks to what is known as HTML5, most of the top rated mobile casinos mirror their browser-based counterparts exactly.
Online casinos, and gambling sites alike, have also turned their attentions to mobile gambling apps. Mobile casino apps can mirror a casino but some choose to purposefully narrow down the product for those players looking for quick access to a specific kind of game, like just online slots. The degree to which a mobile casino mirrors the website-based casino normally depends on the preference of the casino brand.
Are All Online Casino Games Mobile-Friendly?
Unfortunately, not all the games offered at online casinos can be played on mobile devices BUT with each passing day more and more online casino games are being adapted for mobile use. As of now, though, it’s safe to assume your favourite casino game is offered on mobile devices through at least one of the top mobile casinos and/or their casino apps.
Best Mobile Devices for Online Gambling
- iPhone | The most popular mobile device in the world is Apple’s iPhone, which happens to also be the most popular device for playing online casino games. Whether it’s through mobile-browser based casinos or dedicated mobile casino apps, a large majority of online casino players use the iPhone.
- iPad | iPhones are more common than their tablet counterpart, the iPad, but the larger Apple product does provide a more in depth online casino experience so the only thing holding it back from topping this list would seem to be quantity vs iPhones.
- Samsung Galaxy | The Samsung Galaxy line of phones has gained a bunch of attention lately as one of the top mobile phones on the market carrying the Android software. This rise has also pushed the phone into the top ranks of devices used to play online casino games.
- Microsoft Surface Pro | Tablets are obviously not going to be as popular as actual phones used all day long but their increased screen sizes and improved graphics provide an awesome online gambling experience. The Microsoft Surface Pro provides stellar graphics and a massive screen to enjoy your favourite online casinos and all they have to offer.
Best Mobile Casinos in Canada 2017
- Casino Room Mobile Casino
- Mr Green Mobile Casino
- Winner Mobile Casino
- partycasino Mobile Casino
- 888 Mobile Casino
Gambling Sites with the Best Mobile Apps 2017
- Casino Cruise – Casino | An up-and-coming casino, Casino Cruise is a thoroughly modern gaming option designed and run by long-time industry veterans. Their mobile offering offers top-notch casino games.
- Mr Green Casino, Sportsbook & Live Table Games | Like Leo Vegas, the Swedish-based Mr Green has also taken a mobile-first design while creating their products, the main reason these two are considered the top mobile casinos and gambling operators on the market.
- partycasino – Online Casino Games, Slots and More | Thanks to a complete site overhaul, partycasino is now considered one of the leaders in mobile casino game play, offering topnotch mobile access to all their favourite casino games, including live dealer games.
- Coral Sports Betting & Casino | Coral's mobile app might lead with the betting product but the online casino portion of the app is certainly "leading man" quality. Offering a wealth of the world's top online casino games and betting markets, Coral's mobile app is must for all Canadian punters.
- EuroGrand | From cutting edge casino games, to live dealer offering, to scratch cards and more, there is plenty for Canadian players to enjoy at EuroGrand’s excellent mobile casino offering.
Relax! You're safe with CasinoSource.ca!
The following organizations have certified that CasinoSource.ca recommends only safe and secure online gambling destinations:
Are You Getting the Best Sign Up Bonuses?
The members of our Preferred Players Club certainly are. Be the first to know about the best sign up offers and enjoy privileges like access to exclusive events, giveaways and prize drawings.
Membership is free so don't miss out!
EXCLUSIVE C$500 Welcome Bonus + 100 Free Spins
100% up to C$700 + 200 Free Spins
100% up to C$350 + 100 Free Spins
Exclusive C$888 Free + 100% First Deposit Bonus up to C$1,500
100% up to C$200 + 100 Free Spins
Exclusive 200% First Deposit Bonus up to C$200 + 7 Reload Bonuses!
200% up to C$300
C$1,000 + 25 Free Spins
C$88 FREE + Deposit NOT Required
100% up to C$500
Deposit C$10, Play with C$50
Deposit C$10, Play with C$60