Casino Free Spins Offers for 2023
Free spins have become one of the most common features of Canadian online casinos today. But with so many free spins casino bonuses available nowadays, how do you decide which is best?
In this in-depth guide, our casino experts outline the most popular free spin offers and how you can assess which is best for you. So, keep reading to learn how and where to claim the best free spin bonuses available to Canadian players.
Affiliate Disclosure: At CasinoSource we work hard to match our readers to the best possible casino offers suitable for individual players' needs. For this reason, some of the recommended casino links are affiliate links. This means that if you visit a casino site via our dedicated link and make a deposit, CasinoSource will receive a commission at no extra cost to you. more
|Casino Provider||Bonus Offer||Review|
Mobile Friendly Casino with Jackpots, Tournaments & 24/7 Support
19+ T&C Apply. Play Responsibly.
Exclusive Casino Games & Tournaments at Unibet Canada
19+ T&Cs Apply. Play Responsibly.
Quality Software, Variety of Live Casino Games, Long-Standing Reputation
19+ T&C Apply. Play Responsibly. Full Terms Apply.
Plenty of Casino Games to Enjoy with Fast Payouts, and 24/7 Support
19+ T&C Apply. Play Responsibly
Discover Exclusive 'PokerStars Originals' Games
19+. T&C Apply. Play Responsibly
Fast Mobile App, Large Casino Games list & Great Customer Support
19+ T&C Apply. Play Responsibly
Kickers are OJO special perks that give you more play, more fun and more rewards
19+ T&C Apply. Play Responsibly
Great User Interface, Fast Payouts and Big Casino Games List
19+ Only - T&Cs Apply
500+ Casino Games, Various Game Providers, Top Customer Support
Must be 19+ to participate. T&Cs Apply. Play Responsibly.
Founded in 1946
19+ | T&Cs apply | Please play responsibly | http://connexontario.ca
Get the MGM Resorts Experience Online
19+. T&Cs Apply. Play Responsibly.
Instant Withdrawals, iRush Loyalty and Multiple Deposit Methods
19+. T&C Apply. Play Responsibly
Las Vegas Experience, Mobile Friendly, High-quality software
19+. T&Cs apply. Play Responsibly.
Huge Megaways Slots, Great Selection of Live Classic Casino Games
19+ T&C Apply. Play Responsibly.
- ✅ What Are Free Spins?
- ✅ Free Spins Bonus Types at Online Casino Sites
- ✅ How to Claim Free Spins?
- ✅ How Many Free Spins Can I Get?
- ✅ What to Consider When Choosing Free Spins Bonuses
- ✅ Pros and Cons of Using a Free Spins Bonus
- ✅ Free Spins Checklist
- ✅ Conclusion
- ✅ Free Spins FAQs
What Are Free Spins?
Free spins are a type of casino bonus that allows you to play the most popular slot games without spending your own money. When claiming a free spin offer, the online casino will pay for the stake of spins you can play on specific slots.
Although you don’t pay for the wager, the slot machine treats your free spin like any paid spin. Therefore, you have the same odds to win, and if you do, the winnings are yours to keep (subject to bonus terms and conditions).
Online casinos use free spin promotions to attract new players and reward existing ones. They are among the most advantageous bonuses a player can claim.
Free spins let you test the latest and greatest slots before parting with any real cash. This way, you can figure out which games are most suited to your playing style (and which ones to avoid).
You can also use free spins to increase your playing session time. Free spins lead to more extended gameplay, which gives you the potential to generate larger winnings. Not only will these winnings help boost your bankroll, but you can withdraw them as real money after meeting the wagering requirements and other terms and conditions.
Free Spins Bonus Types at Online Casinos
Online casinos provide a variety of free spins bonuses to attract players. While some require you to make a deposit, you can often find no deposit casino bonuses that reward you just for signing up. Still, there are many types of free spin offers up for grabs, so we’ve highlighted the most popular promotions below.
Free Spins on Registration
Sometimes casinos let you take advantage of free spins bonuses without spending any money. These no deposit free spins are usually a one-time offer that online casinos use to encourage new players to create an account.
No deposit free spins offers are an excellent way to test out games at a casino without making a significant financial commitment.
Here at CasinoSource, we understand that everyone loves a freebie – we’re all human, after all! That’s why sign up free spins are the most popular type of bonus among players in Canada.
Although rare, no deposit free spins bonuses do exist, though it’s vital to read the fine print. They typically have higher wagering requirements than deposit free spins. Similarly, online casinos often cap winnings at a certain amount, and you may find a more limited selection of games to spend your bonus on.
Ultimately, no deposit free spins are a win-win. If your spins are successful, you get to keep your winnings. If they’re unsuccessful, you haven’t spent a single penny!
So, head to our recommended no deposit free spins casinos and grab a lucrative reward upon registration today.
No Wagering Free Spins
Though a little harder to come across, it is possible to find free spins that don’t have a wagering requirement. A type of no wagering casino bonus, this promotion allows you to withdraw your winnings after only one playing them through once.
This free spins offer is particularly generous, as you can build up a large bonus and eliminate the risk of losing it while fulfilling any further wagering requirements. You can find out more about free spins wagering requirements further down the page.
|Casino||Bonus||All Casino Games||Mobile Slot Games X||Free Spins||Play now|
|Huge Megaways Slots, Great Selection of Live Classic Casino Games||2227||1251||200||Play now||19+ T&C Apply. Play Responsibly.|
|Mobile Friendly Casino with Jackpots, Tournaments & 24/7 Support||1535||540||120||Play now||19+ T&C Apply. Play Responsibly.|
|Kickers are OJO special perks that give you more play, more fun and more rewards||1666||33||50||Play now||19+ T&C Apply. Play Responsibly|
Welcome Bonus Free Spins
You’ll most often find free spins offered as part of a casino welcome bonus. In this instance, you will first need to register an account at the casino and make a deposit to claim any free spins.
Welcome bonus free spins can either come as a standalone offer or part of a deposit match bonus. You will receive several free spins in a standalone promo with your first deposit. Similarly, you may receive a portion of free spins with each of your first deposits linked to the welcome offer.
Alternatively, a deposit match bonus with free spins does precisely what it says on the tin. After creating an account, the casino will match a certain percentage of your deposit in bonus funds. You’ll then receive several free spins to wager with.
Like any bonus, welcome bonus free spins will come with wagering requirements, so it’s essential to check the casino’s terms and conditions before making a deposit. You’ll need to wager any winnings from your bonus funds and free spins before withdrawing them as cash.
How to Claim Free Spins?
Whether it’s a no deposit bonus or a welcome offer, registering an account is the first step towards claiming free spins at both old and new casinos.
After that, the process may vary depending on the casino and type of offer chosen. Here are the basic steps to follow to claim your free spins:
- Browse through our recommended free spins online casinos and find the best bonus for you.
- Read the terms and conditions carefully to know exactly what you are signing up for.
- Click on the “Signup” or “Register” button. Fill in all necessary information, including your name, DOB, email, phone number and address.
- If applicable, enter your promo code into the box provided.
- If you have selected a no deposit free spins bonus, the online casino should automatically credit your promo to your account.
- If you have selected a free spins welcome bonus, make sure you meet the minimum deposit limit by heading to the “Cashier” section and inputting the desired amount. The online casino should then automatically credit your promo to your account.
- IMPORTANT: Not all online casinos allocate free spins bonuses automatically, so keep an eye out for any manual instructions to enter a promo code and read any texts or emails the casino sends.
- Now it’s time to find a slot and start spinning!
- If you are lucky and your free spins have won, revisit the casino’s cashier section, select a withdrawal method and amount, and follow the instructions to cash out.
How Many Free Spins Can I Get?
As each casino bonus is different, the number of free spins you can get depends on the casino you choose.
You can get anywhere from a few to dozens of free spins with deposit match bonuses. Similarly, promotions with a high number of free spins will usually split these across several days.
For example, if the offer advertises 60 free spins, you might receive 20 free spins per day for three days. Alternatively, you may be required to make numerous deposits to obtain all 60 spins.
However, the number of free spins you receive from a no deposit bonus will typically be lower. Most casinos offer between 5 to 30 free spins for account registration. While this may seem underwhelming, it’s important to remember that you’re getting them completely free!
What to Consider When Choosing Free Spins Bonuses?
While some casinos offer enormous packages of low-value free spins on games from the best software providers and high wagering requirements, others offer token bundles that require no deposit or playthrough conditions.
To help you navigate through the different offers, we’ve outlined some of the critical properties of free spins bonuses that every player should look out for.
Free Spins Wagering Requirements
To keep the winnings from free spins, you must play through the wagering requirements.
While these requirements differ from casino to casino, the industry average is around x35, meaning you’ll need to turn over your bonus winnings 35 times before withdrawing them from your account.
One exception to this rule is no wagering free spins. As the name suggests, you don’t need to complete any wagering requirements with this promotion. Simply play them through once, and you can withdraw your winnings.
Free Spin Value
In most cases, online casinos award free spins as the lowest stake on a particular slot. This means that you will be placing the minimum bet on every spin.
If online casinos allow you to spend your free spins on several online slot machines, it’s best to wager them on slots with the highest value minimum spin. Free spin values can range from as little as a 1¢ to around 20¢. Therefore, finding a slot at the top of the range is crucial to maximising your winnings.
Information about the value of your free spins is often buried deep within the T&Cs, so be sure to dig through it before selecting your slot.
Slots with Free Spins
Most slots feature a built-in bonus free spins round that is part of the regular gameplay mechanic. These in-play bonus rounds are also known as slots free spins, although they are entirely different from a free spins bonus awarded by the casino.
Casino free spins are the credits you receive to play on a slot in the first place. If the bonus you claim lets you wager your free spins on a casino game of your choosing, it’s essential to recognize that the slot you select can impact your chances of winning. Therefore, you must choose wisely to win big.
You can opt for high value spins on high volatility slots when deciding where to play. Since you’re not risking real money, you remove the risk factor that comes with gambling on high volatility slots and unlock the potential to score large multipliers.
On the other hand, if you’re looking to use your free spins to generate smaller wins more frequently, you should opt for slots with lower volatility.
You should also check for the Return to Player (RTP), which is the rate the slot pays out in winnings in the long run. With so many free spins offers available, you’re spoiled for choice!
Withdrawable Free Spin Winnings
Once you have played through the wagering requirements, you will be able to withdraw the winnings of your free spins. Some online casinos allow you to cash out the whole amount in real money, though doing so may incur a small fee.
Other casinos may limit the amount of free spins winnings you can withdraw. With no deposit free spins, some online casinos may require you to deposit before withdrawing your funds.
Information about any withdrawable winnings restrictions will be available in the bonus rules, so ensure you check these before claiming.
Free Spins Time Limit
Most casinos will impose time limits on free spins. While some are more generous with time limits, other sites are a little more strict.
The first limit is how much time you have to claim the bonus, which is typically a short window of around 24 hours. You’ll then find a limit on how long you have to fulfil the wagering requirements before your winnings are forfeited. More generous casinos will offer somewhere between 21 to 30 days. Meanwhile, stricter casinos may offer as little as one week to play through the requirements.
We recommend checking the time limits before claiming a free spins bonus. You don’t want to sign up for something unrealistic and miss turning your hard-spun winnings into cash!
Payment Method Restrictions
Casino welcome bonuses will often have certain payment restrictions. If you deposit using an excluded payment method, you won’t be eligible for the offer. Also, you may not get your money back.
It is not uncommon for some Canadian casinos to restrict players from using e-wallet apps like Neteller and Skrill. We’re not saying that every casino will have exclusions in place, but you should take care to read the bonus terms and conditions before claiming a deposit-based free spins bonus.
Pros and Cons of Using a Free Spins Bonus
Although free spins bonuses are highly attractive to players, they sometimes come with some restrictions. Here we have broken down the main pros and cons of free spins offers.
- Free spins offers greatly increase your bankroll.
- You are given the chance to try new or classic slot games.
- No deposit free spins allow you to potentially win without depositing first.
- There are a great variety of free spins offers, to make sure all tastes are met.
- The majority of free spins offers have a wagering requirement to be met before you can withdraw any winnings.
- Some restrictions and limitations may apply.
- Some casinos will cap the max amount you can win with free spins bonuses.
- Some terms and conditions can be tricky to understand, and need to be acknowledged before taking part in a free spins bonus.
Free Spins Checklist
There are several items to check off your list before claiming a free spins bonus. We have listed our top priorities below.
- Choose a reputable casino with suitable payment options and see if there is a withdrawal fee. There’s no point turning your free spins into cash if you have to pay to withdraw them!
- Check the wagering requirements. The industry average is around x35, so anything much higher may take a while to turn over. Also, check the spin value, as low-value minimum wager slots won’t offer much monetary reward.
- Ensure you’re meeting the minimum deposit when claiming a deposit match bonus. See if there are any excluded payment methods before you fund your account.
- Check which slots you can use the free spins on. You don’t want to make a deposit and then have to spend them on a game you dislike!
Ultimately, free spins are one of the top bonuses you can find at an online casino. Since you are already there to have fun and play your favourite games, free spins require no extra effort on your part, yet they offer some significant bankroll boosting potential.
Free spins also enhance your gameplay. They allow you to try new games (or iconic classics that you might not have tried otherwise) and extend your sessions.
Receiving free spins as part of a deposit match welcome bonus means you get more bang for your buck. Let's say that you're playing at one of the live casinos featured here, getting free spins as part of your welcome package will give you a chance to use the deposit bonus on the live dealer games or some of the other games available on the casino site.
Although no deposit free spins and no wagering free spins are a little harder to come across, spending a little extra time finding one of these bonuses is absolutely worth your while. After all, who doesn’t love free money and no wagering requirements?
You can find the best free spins bonuses at the top Canada online casinos if you know just what to look for. Fortunately, our expert casino players here at CasinoSource have done the hard work for you and found the top free spins offers available today. We have made it easier for you to compare and choose the best bonus for you, so all that’s left is to look through our recommended sites and register today!
Finally, we have answered below some of the most common questions related to free spins bonuses.
Are free spins really free?
- Free spins can be free, depending on the type of bonus your free spins come from. Free spins that come as part of a welcome bonus will require you to deposit to claim them. However, with no deposit free spins, all you need to do is register a free account, and you’re ready to play.
Do free spins require a bonus code?
- Some casinos may require a bonus code to activate a free spins bonus, so it’s crucial to look for one before registering an account. However, most casinos will automatically credit your free spins to your account after registration (if it’s a no deposit bonus) or after your first deposit (if it’s a welcome bonus).
Why do casinos give free spins?
- Casinos will usually offer free spins to entice new players. Sites do so with no deposit free spins or lucrative welcome bonus offers. Many casinos also offer free spins during the week or weekends to encourage registered players to make additional deposits.
Can you choose a slot game to play free spins?
- Online casinos often credit free spins bonuses to a specific game, which could be a casino classic or one of the site’s newest releases. On the other hand, you may be able to choose from a selection of one specific software provider’s games, such as Microgaming or NetEnt.
How do free spins wagering requirements work?
- You must fulfil the wagering requirements on your free spins before withdrawing them as cash. For example, if your free spins come with a x35 wagering requirement, you must wager any winnings you receive from free spins 35 times before making a withdrawal.
Can I win real money with casino free spins?
- Yes, you can win real money with casino free spins! Once you have fulfilled the wagering requirements on your free spins, you can withdraw your earnings as real money. If you generate winnings from no deposit free spins, you are essentially winning free money!