Best Online Craps Canada
Craps is a classic dice casino game that has quickly become a favorite amongst players at online casinos. While it is traditionally enjoyed by big crowds and high rollers at the casino, users are quickly finding that they can achieve the same from their computer right at home. As opposed to many of the other common casino table games such as Blackjack, Baccarat, and Roulette, Live Dealers are not traditionally available with Online Craps.
However, paired with exciting game play features and eye catching graphics, Craps online is easily one of the most thrilling experiences in online gaming. Like it's physical casino counterpart, online Craps is beyond a good time. Read more below to see who CasinoSource recommends as the best available options for you to start rolling the die with and winning big as well as learn more about Craps from our complete guide!
Affiliate Disclosure: At CasinoSource we work hard to match our readers to the best possible casino offers suitable for individual players' needs. For this reason, some of the recommended casino links are affiliate links. This means that if you visit a casino site via our dedicated link and make a deposit, CasinoSource will receive a commission at no extra cost to you. more
|Casino Provider||Bonus Offer||Review|
Mobile Friendly Casino with Jackpots, Tournaments & 24/7 Support
19+. T&C Apply. Play Responsibly
Exclusive Casino Games & Tournaments at Unibet Canada
19+ T&Cs Apply. Play Responsibly.
Award-Winning Casino with Fast Payouts & Large Casino Games list
19+. T&C Apply. Play Responsibly
Our Most Popular Games
Guide to the Best Craps Casino Sites
Craps is traditionally enjoyed by big crowds and high rollers on the floors of the world’s sleekest casinos, whilst even Sean Connery rolls the dice in a game of craps as James Bond in the 1971 hit movie Diamonds are Forever. Originally played on street corners and then finding its way into mainstream casinos, nowadays online craps are paired with exciting gameplay features and eye catching graphics and are considered by many Canadian online casino players as one of the most thrilling experiences in online gambling.
Being huge fans who play craps both online and in land-based casinos, our experts at CasinoSource wrote this extensive guide that covers the best casinos for playing craps online in Canada, where to play craps online for free, the best bonuses and everything else you need to know – so you can start rolling the dice and winning big!
Before diving into the fun and exciting world of online craps, it is important to note that we only feature on CasinoSource online casino sites and apps that are fully regulated by the UKGC and/or MGA and are 100% legal in Canada. Terms and Conditions apply to all bonuses and you must be 18 or older to participate.
How we Review Online Craps Sites
We said already that our team of casino experts are passionate about online craps, but you may still be wondering how we choose and rate the best online craps casinos in Canada. Each gambling site we review at CasinoSource goes through a rigorous evaluation process and we will only recommend operators that scored the highest on a strict set of criteria:
Licensing and Compliance
- As your safety is our primary concern, when reviewing online craps casinos we will always check for a valid licence from the UKGC (UK Gambling Compliance) or other relevant remote-gambling jurisdictions. We also check the casino’s RNG (Random Number Generator) is certified and regularly audited by an independent testing house, to make sure there’s a fair game outcome every time you play craps online. Our security experts will look at the site’s encryption, security certificates, data protection policies, and more.
Bonuses and Promotions
- While many of our recommended brands on CasinoSource offer free spins no deposit and other bonuses, some of these promotions exclude certain casino table games, which at times means that online craps are excluded as well. Therefore, our team will check and make sure that the bonuses can be used and redeemed to play craps online. We will also look carefully at the bonus wagering requirements to see whether they include online craps.
Online Craps Game Selection
- We will always look at the various options a casino gives to its online craps players. This will include the highest-quality online craps game software, and how many different variations of online craps does the player have to choose from. As many players love to practice, learn and master a game before playing it for real cash, we will check and let you know which online casinos offer you to play online craps for free before rolling the dice for real cash.
- Our experts at CasinoSource look closely at the banking methods available for deposits and withdrawals, to make sure the casinos we recommend offer you a wide selection of easy, safe and secure payment methods.
Design and Usability
- As an online casino is only as good as its user interface, our usability experts will review the design, menus, navigation and generally how easy is it to find your way around the casino site and app.
Mobile Online Craps
- Many casino players in Canada and around the world are using their mobile devices to play online craps and other casino games. Our mobile experts at CasinoSource look closely at each casino’s mobile client and compatibility, which online craps games are available on mobile devices and whether the casino offers a mobile app.
- Customer service is one of the most important factors that contribute to a successful online casino experience, and that of course includes the experience of online craps players. The CasinoSource team will look closely at the casino’s FAQ section and the ways to contact customer support, hours of operation, helpfulness and friendliness of staff, response times, etc.
How to Find and Choose the Best Craps Online Casinos
Although roulette and blackjack are more familiar and widely played online casino games, craps is steadily gaining popularity amongst online casino players in Canada. It also possesses a loyal fan base with guys and gals making the move to online craps sites and apps, in lieu of casual games or those played out in high street casinos.
So which are the best and most popular sites that offer to play craps online in 2020? There is no one clear answer to this question as many different craps sites offer advantages, disadvantages, and of course a unique environment and gameplay experience for players to enjoy.
Still, when looking for a casino site to play craps online, it is always important to firstly check the licence that allows it to operate legally in Canada, and that the site provides safe and trusted banking methods. Have a look at the benefits each one of these dedicated casino sites has to offer. Alongside offering new players fantastic sign-up bonuses, some of Canadian top online casinos offer an unrivalled library of craps games, including the classic versions and more contemporary variants too.
We constantly update CasinoSource with the newest, top-rated craps sites around. So make sure that you bookmark our site to always find the latest, most lucrative online craps!
- Fancy trying out some new casinos? Check out our recommendations for the best exciting new sites on the market!
Craps Bonuses in Canada
Free spins and bonuses that are tied to slot games will not help with online craps. Instead, look for no-deposit or deposit bonuses that offer GBP or other coin/currency value, as these bonuses are credited to your casino account and can be wagered on online craps. Some casinos offer bonuses that are exclusive for live dealer casinos, and these can include live dealer craps if the casino offers it. Before signing up, remember to check the casino’s Terms and Conditions for deposit rules and craps wagering requirements which sometimes only count partially towards bonus play-through requirements.
Unlike more casual casino games such as slots, online craps bonuses are not as widely available and sometimes even hard to come by. For this reason our CasinoSource team is constantly searching the web and bringing you the Canada’s best casino bonuses that can be used to play craps online.
Free Online Craps Games
If you have never played craps before, or perhaps you played craps but not online and now want to try it, the best thing to do is play craps online for free so you can get some practice before spending any real money. Luckily, many of our recommended top online casinos offer free online craps. So you can get a feel of the casino, learn more about the game and perfect your online craps strategy – all without any commitment or risk. Due to regulations put in place by the UKGC, however, free games or demos are unavailable to play in Canada.
Online Craps Software Providers
Most of the top Canadian casinos offer a variety of games from the most renowned software developers such as Microgaming, NetEnt and Playtech, who each develop their own selection of craps games. This is very good news, given you can play online craps on different tables (e.g. live dealer and other), variations and games from different software providers – all on the same online casino site!
What is Casino Craps?
Craps games date back over 1000 years and is a variation of a game known as ‘Hazard’. In its current version it is a dice game where each player around the table rolls the dice at their turn (and at which time will become known as ‘the shooter’) and everyone places bets on the outcome of the roll. There are different types of bets in a craps game:
A passline bet is an even money bet, which means that the amount you will wager is the amount you stand to win. Prior to the shooter casting his ‘come-out roll’ (first roll of the dice), the other players are given the opportunity to make a passline bet on the shooter’s come-out roll. If the shooter’s come-out roll reveals 7 or 11 (referred to as a ‘natural’), it automatically doubles the passline bet values of the other players.
If the come-out roll results in 2, 3 or 12 (referred to as ‘craps’), all passline bets are lost. All of the other possible combinations – 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 and 10 – establish the ‘point number’ and for players to win, this number must be rolled again before a 7. If a 7 comes before the point number, the passline bet loses and the round ends, with the dice handed to the next player on the table in a clockwise fashion.
Don’t Passline Bet
The don’t passline bet is simply the opposite of a passline bet. Because it’s in essence betting against the dice, some craps players refer to the passline bet as ‘betting right’ and to the don’t passline bet as ‘betting wrong’. When you make a don’t passline bet, you are betting to roll a 2, 3 or 12. If it’s the shooter’s come-out roll, a winning don’t passline bet will double your wager. Any other number shown will serve as the point number, but in this case you don’t want the point number to come up again before a 7. Once a 7 is rolled, a don’t passline bet wins.
More Craps Bets
Additional craps bets at land-based and online craps tables are ‘field bets’, ‘hardways bets, ‘proposition bets’, ‘big 8 bets’ and many more. Whilst advanced craps players can incorporate different bets into their game strategy, we recommend that beginners stick to passline and don’t passline bets until they gain further understanding of the game.
Online Craps Glossary
To make a craps game more interesting, there is important but fun terminology you’ll need to know when playing craps online. In addition to the betting terms and names of outcomes we listed in the section above, there are aliases for dice numbers:
- 2: Two aces, Snake Eyes, Eyeballs
- 3: Ace-deuce, Three Craps Three
- 4: Little Joe from Kokomo, Little Joe
- 5: Fever Five, Little Phoebe
- 6: Jimmy Hicks
- 7: Six-One, Up Pops the Devil, Big Red
- 8: Square Pair, Mom and Dad
- 9: Nina from Pasadena, Jesse James
- 10: Tennessee
- 11: Yo, Yo-leven, Six-Five-No-Jive
- 12: Boxcars, Midnight
In addition to numbers having nicknames, the combinations in which they appear when playing craps have names too. An even outcome with both dice showing the same number is called ‘hardways’, as opposed to ‘easyways’ which can be the same outcome but with each dice showing a different number. So for example a 6 outcome with one dice showing 2 and the other 4 is an ‘easy 6’, but a 6 outcome with each dice showing 3 is a ‘hardways 6’. Because they are less frequent, hardways combinations have amongst the highest payouts on a craps table.
The following are a few hardways nicknames:
- 4: The Ballerina Special
- 8: Ozzy and Harriet
- 10: Sunflowers
Craps Strategy: Betting the Pass Line
The shooter must make a passline or don’t passline bet prior to rolling the dice; this, whilst the other players can bet on the passline, don’t passline or both if they see fit, or none of these as betting is optional for non-shooters. Basic craps strategy dictates that a passline bet is the most common wager available in the game. There are only three of the twelve possible combinations that lead to the shooter losing their bet (i.e. ‘crapping out’), with the other nine combinations keeping them active in the round. So practically, they have a 2/12 chance of winning outright on the come-out roll and the other numbers offer the chance to win once the point number has been established.
Craps Strategy: Betting the Don’ts
A more ‘risk and reward’ strategy for playing online craps or playing craps at the casino table is the don’t passline bet, which has a theoretical winning chance of 25% in the first instance (3/12 possible numbers). There is always the back-up option of the point roll as well for players to leverage additional winnings. The extra security comes from knowing that once the point number is established, don’t passline bets can be taken down or reduced.
Craps Rules: How to Play Online
It’s very easy to learn the basic rules of the game and to practice craps online for free. And then when ready, start playing craps online for real money.
For classic versions of the game, craps rules do not change much unless otherwise stated. So if you’d like to get started immediately with the excitement of the best online craps sites, follow the quick steps below and you will be playing craps online in minutes:
- Select one of Canada’s best online craps casinos from our list of recommended sites.
- Sign up and while at it, remember to claim one of the attractive welcome bonuses available if you register through CasinoSource.
- Go to the Casino Games or Live Dealer section, and select your craps table.
- Select the stake level you wish to start playing with, and get ready to place your bets.
- Once a new game starts, you can bet on the come-out roll.
- Place your bets and click on ‘Roll’
- Cross your fingers for luck!
- Press ‘Rebet’ to repeat the same bet, or place new bets.
Playing Online Craps on Mobile
All our recommended sites offer a mobile casino client which lets you play online craps on your mobile device. With nearly all new games being developed in HTML5 technology, your online craps games can be accessed through a browser of any mobile device and will be fully responsive and compatible with Android, iOS and Windows smartphones and tablets.
Many Canadian casinos that feature craps online also have a casino app that you can download and install on your mobile device. So whether you are playing craps online on your mobile browser or an app – mobile casinos let you play online craps from anywhere, at any time.
Craps sites Deposits and Withdrawals
Online casinos offer a wide variety of banking methods that online craps players can use for depositing funds and withdrawing winnings. Whether you are looking to use a credit or debit card, make a bank transfer or even receive your winnings by check, there is a wide choice of payment methods online craps players can use. If you are looking for dedicated online payment methods, casinos offer e-Wallets like PayPal and Skrill and some will even let you play craps online using cryptocurrency.
When looking at banking methods, also make sure you check the withdrawal limits and processing times, as well as possible transaction fees.
History of Craps
As with many older casino games, it is hard to pinpoint exactly where and when the game of craps originated, but all agree that the history of craps is long and distinguished; probably dating way back to the 11th century no less! There are a few theories about the origins of the game, which most likely developed over time and evolved into the game of craps as we know it today. Some suggest that craps is based on an old English game called Hazard and a French game called Crapaud.
Originated in Canada and mainland Europe, the game was then introduced to American gamblers in the turn of the 18th century. It was brought to the US by the wonderfully named French politician and gambler Bernard Xavier Philippe de Marigny de Mandeville, or simply ‘Bernie’ to his mates. Unfortunately, it was soon discovered that there was a flaw in this version of the game, with players being able to manipulate the game to their favour by betting with or against the shooter. There was also a rather obvious flaw in that ‘fixed dice’ were often used by more nefarious sorts.
- Best Blackjack Betting Systems
- American vs European Roulette – Learn the Difference
- American vs European Blackjack - Learn the Difference
In 1907, John H. Winn revolutionised the game by introducing the don’t passline bet option. This levelled the playing field between the players and the shooter, and ultimately led to the online craps surge in popularity that many casino players in Canada and around the world are enjoying to this day. For his contribution to the game, Winn is known as ‘the father of modern-day craps’.
The internet revolution was the next milestone in the history of the game, with versions of online craps appearing as early as 1994 and since becoming a staple game in the online casino marketplace. The digital age took online craps further with the introduction of live casino games, allowing you to join a table with other players and a live dealer in real time, with the game being video-streamed to your computer or mobile device. We are not sure what the future holds for online craps but with rapid technological innovation, playing online craps certainly gets more exciting by the day.
Our CasinoSource experts constantly monitor and update about new technological innovations and game developments – so watch this space!
Pros and Cons of playing Craps Online
Like any other casino game, playing craps online is a very different experience than rolling the dice at a land-based casino table. The following are advantages and possible drawbacks of playing craps online:
- Practice for fun: There are many online casinos that offer you to play craps online for free so you can first learn the rules, practice the game and even develop your strategy without spending any money.
- Experience less distractions: A casino floor can be a very noisy and busy place with tons of people, waiters serving drinks and the background noise of chatter, slot machines and more. Playing craps online provides you with a quiet surrounding and allows you to concentrate on your game.
- Play from anywhere: Of course one of the biggest advantages of playing craps, or any other casino game online, is the ability to play it from anywhere you are and whenever you feel like rolling the dice, it’s right there waiting for you!
- Limited variety: Compared to other table games that online casinos in Canada offer such as online blackjack and roulette, there isn’t a great deal of game variations available to online craps players.
- Less Live Dealer Games: Live dealer games are extremely popular amongst Canadian online casino players, streaming the action from live casino tables to your screen. Unfortunately for online craps players though, live dealer craps tables are uncommon and hard to find.
- Bonus Eligibility: Online casinos usually offer bonuses and promotions that are mostly designed for slots players. Although some casinos offer table game promotions, these are usually aimed at online roulette and blackjack players. In addition, wagers placed on craps games are sometimes only partially considered for bonus wagering requirements, and in some cases excluded altogether.
Online Craps – The Bottom Line
Online craps is a highly entertaining game with fast rounds and a variety of bet types which allow players to come up with many possible game strategies. Playing craps online for free is a great way to familiarise yourself with the game which although easy to learn, will take you some time to master. If you are an experienced craps player, why not take your game to the next level and play it online from anywhere. If you are new to craps, give it a try and you will very quickly realise why this game is so loved by many casino players in Canada and beyond.
Play Online Craps Responsibly
Always remember that like any other casino game, craps is played for fun and entertainment, and is not a proven way to earn money. So set limits, play responsibly and seek help if you feel things are getting out of control. By playing safely and keeping it fun, you can keep playing craps online and who knows – you might even become a master of the game!
Is it legal to play Online Craps in Canada?
- Of course it is! All the online craps casino sites we feature on CasinoSource are fully licensed and regulated by the MGA (Malta Gaming Authority). Therefore playing craps, or any other game for that matter, on these sites is 100% legal and safe for your to play at.
Are all Craps casino sites in Canada safe and secure?
- All the craps casino sites we recommend are licensed, regulated by the Canadian government and are fully encrypted, safe and secure. Still if looking elsewhere, beware of unlicensed casinos and always check the site’s credentials and current standings with local authorities.
Are Craps games available on mobile?
- Sure they are! Based on HTML5, all the new online craps games are fully compatible with mobile devices and some online casinos in Canada also offer craps on their mobile casino apps. Playing on mobile is great because you can play on-to-go wherever you are, providing you have an internet connection!
Are there Live Dealer Craps games available in Canada?
- Unfortunately, live dealer craps games are not as common in Canada. However from recent conversations we had with some of Canada’s top casinos and software providers, we learned that there are plans to introduce many live dealer craps games in the near future – so visit CasinoSource soon for updates!
What’s the main difference between online and offline craps?
- The obvious difference is the need to physically be present at a land-based casino when playing offline, whilst you can play craps online from anywhere you are. Another difference is that you can play craps online for free to practice your skills and learn the game, something they won’t let you do in an offline casino.
What are the typical Craps wagering requirements?
- Wagering requirements, which is the amount of times required to play through a bonus until it is redeemable as cash for withdrawal, are usually not counted at a 100% for online craps and other table games. Typically casinos will count 25% to 75% of your craps wagers towards completing wagering requirements, with some casinos not counting craps wagers at all. So always check the bonus Terms and Conditions for more information.
What are the typical stakes for Craps games?
- Because there’s no guaranteed house edge when you are placing a passline bet, the stakes are usually limited to three times the amount of your original wager. This is typically the stake for don’t passline bets as well, however some casinos allow higher stakes.
Do I need to download Software to play Craps online?
- Usually not. Unless you opt for a downloadable client or app, most Canadian online casinos offer an instant-play client that is available on your desktop or mobile browser and enables you to play craps online without needing to download any software.
What variants of Craps can I find online?
- There aren’t as many online craps game variants as there are for blackjack and roulette, but Canadian casinos still offer a quite few fun online craps game versions including Crapless craps, Open craps, High Point craps, New York craps and Simplified craps.
What is the RTP on Craps games?
- As craps games offer multiple bets, the house edge which affects the RTP (Return to Player) changes dramatically across bets. Depending on the software provider, the overall RTP for craps typically ranges around 98.6%, with some online craps games having RTPs higher than 99%.
What are Craps Side Bets?
- Beside the main passline and don’t passline bets, there are many additional types of side bets that can be placed such as Single Roll, Multi Roll, Field, Hop bets and more. To learn more about all the types of bets, we recommend you to explore online craps for free at our recommended casinos.
What are some tips to win at Craps?
- Once you had learned the rules of online craps, there are a few tips you can use to help you try and beat the house: Practice a lot of free craps online, especially as a beginner. But note that experienced players use free play to practice their strategies too. Don’t be tempted to place big bets, as it’s always good to safeguard your winnings and keep an eye on your balance. Examine the odds carefully as there can be subtle differences between casinos. Bet on the come-roll and avoid Big 6, Big 8 and other risky bets. Finally, always stick to the strategy you initially picked for a specific game, don’t start changing strategies as you go.