Live Casinos in Canada
Live dealer online casinos allows you to bring the glitz, glamour and excitement of the casino floor into the comfort of your own home. Technological improvements have caused live casinos to spike in popularity over the past few years and there are now several leading operators vying for your business. This page is dedicated to helping you identify your perfect match.
We will explain the advantages of choosing live dealer games, detail the different options at your disposal, teach you how to play the casino games, delve into bonuses, deposits and withdrawals, and ultimately point you in the direction of established, trustworthy, reliable live casinos with plenty of exciting games. Read on to learn more about the best live casinos in Canada, and keep scrolling to view our definitive live casino list featuring some exclusive bonuses.
|Casino Provider||Bonus Offer||Review|
Award-Winning Casino with Fast Payouts & Large Casino Games list
19+. T&C Apply. Play Responsibly
Huge Slots selection with over 3000+ games on mobile and desktop
19+ T&Cs Apply, Play Responsibly
Great Loyalty Program, Jackpot Slots and 24/7 Customer Support
19+ T&C Apply. Play Responsibly
Mobile Friendly Casino with Jackpots, Tournaments & 24/7 Support
19+. T&C Apply. Play Responsibly
Exclusive Casino Games & Tournaments at Unibet Canada
19+ T&Cs Apply. Play Responsibly.
Our Most Popular Games
|🏆 Best Live Casino Bonus Site||Leo Vegas|
|🎰 Best Free Spins Site||Casimba|
|💰 Best Casino Bonus Site||Dream Jackpot|
|🎁 Best Matched Bonus Deposit||Dream Vegas|
|🥇 Best No Deposit Bonus Site||Casumo|
|🆕 Best Casino Site for Beginners||Gate 777|
The ability to offer live dealer play has revolutionised the online casino sector. All the leading operators have invested heavily in live casino games, while ambitious newcomers have built their businesses around live dealer offerings. They are all competing for your business and it can be difficult to know which ones to choose.
That is where we come in. We reviewed all the different live casino sites, helping you to separate the great operators from those that are not worth your time. After all, there are a number of scam sites and dishonest online casinos out there, so allow us to steer you away from them and point you towards great sites that offer a wealth of exciting live dealer games, treat you fairly and pay out on time.
This article will explain how we review live dealer casino sites, and help you find the perfect casino to suit your needs. It details the top software providers, teaches you about the type of live dealer games on offer and how to play them, and explains how to capitalise upon exciting promotions and casino bonuses. Ultimately, it aims to arm you with all the information you need to enjoy a successful time playing live casino games. Bookmark this page to keep up-to-date with our latest live casino list including exclusive offers from the world's top live dealer casinos.
How We Review The Top Live Casinos In Canada
Our team of experts leaves no stone unturned in a bid to unearth the best live online casinos in the business. They sign up for an account at each site and gauge how effective and smooth the registration, deposit and withdrawal process is. Our expert reviewers than assess a range of criteria, including the strength of bonuses and promotions on offer, customer service, security and general reputation.
Anyone interested in live casino games will be keen to enjoy a quality experience. We evaluate the quality of the software each site uses, the game quality, the game variety and the overall user experience. Our reviewers are looking for cutting-edge graphics, ease of navigation, a broad range of games from leading providers and polite, friendly online dealers, with no lag times or streaming issues.
The top live casinos should work well on both desktop and mobile devices. We also examine the range of banking methods, payout times and betting limits on offer, while testing out the user interface. We only recommend the Canadian online live casino sites that excel across the board. We also constantly monitor the market to ensure that our top live casinos continue to uphold high standards, while shining a light on exciting new live dealer casinos for you to check out.
Finding And Choosing The Best Live Casino Sites Online
There are a number of key criteria you should focus on when selecting a live dealer online casino site: game variety, game quality, user experience, bonuses, security and reputation. Avoid sites with a history of failing to pay out customers in full and on time, and also stay away from any casinos with a history of security breaches.
Once you have identified the best live online casinos, you simply have to find your perfect match. Every site is different. Some are better for high rollers, whereas others offer lower betting limits. Some operators place a greater focus on tempting bonuses, whereas others invest more heavily in game quality and variety. Figure out what your needs are, the banking methods you prefer and the types of casino games you want to play, and it should then be easy to find your ideal site from out list of the top live casinos.
New Live Casinos In Canada
We constantly scour the market in order to identify exciting new live dealer casino sites. If they pass our rigorous review process and tick the right boxes, they will be added to our list of the best live online casinos. If a site goes downhill we will swiftly remove it from our list. You should therefore bookmark this page and return on a regular basis to ensure you always enjoy the best possible live casino online experience and find the most exciting new casinos out there.
Comparing Live-Dealer Games Vs. Online Casino Games
Live dealer casino games utilise cutting edge technology to bring the thrill of the casino floor into the palm of your hand. It allows you to interact with a real life dealer while playing your favourite games. The live casino operators set up a number of dealers in professional studios, film them and broadcast the stream live to a device of your choice. You can play blackjack, a roulette game, baccarat and more, while chatting to a friendly real dealer.
You can also interact with your fellow players around the virtual table, which adds a great deal of camaraderie and sociability to the overall experience. It is the closest you will get to actually walking into a casino in Monte Carlo, Las Vegas or Macau, and you do not even have to leave your living room to enjoy this exciting experience.
Once you have played at the best live dealer casinos, you might find old-school online casino games a little basic and sterile by comparison. Many players take comfort from the presence of a live dealer and cards they can see, rather than playing against a random number generator. It is a much more immersive experience and many players find the whole process a lot more exciting.
Types of Live Dealer Games
In the early days of live casino games, players could only choose from a limited number of card games. However, technology has improved, more players have embraced the revolution and a larger pool of operators have sought to outdo one another, resulting in an explosion in the number of live dealer games on offer.
Live Dealer Blackjack
Blackjack is an extremely popular live dealer casino game in physical casinos around the world. Players have long enjoyed the ease of play, the strategy and the low house edge. Playing live dealer blackjack online allows you to bring the magic of the casino floor into the palm of your hand. The top live casinos now offer a range of blackjack games, including Clubhouse Blackjack, Party Exclusive Blackjack, Free Bet Blackjack, Infinite Blackjack, Power Blackjack, Felt Blackjack, Double Exposure, European Gold Series and more.
Live Dealer Roulette
Roulette is another immensely popular live game and it remains a staple of many online casinos. However, it is a lot more exciting to watch a live dealer spin an actual wheel than to delve into the world of watching a random number generator power a cartoon roulette wheel. Players feel that it adds greater transparency to proceedings, and it is certainly a lot more exhilarating. You can play European, American and French roulette at live dealer casino sites, while interacting with fellow players and the dealer.
Live Dealer Poker
Technological advances make it possible for live poker lovers from across the globe to sit around a table and pit their wits against one another. A live dealer conducts proceedings and you can enjoy the social side of the game without having to leave your own home. Live dealer poker options include Casino Hold’em, Oasis Poker, Texas Hold’em and Three Card Poker.
Live Dealer Baccarat
Baccarat is another online casino game that significantly benefits from the introduction of a live dealer. It was one of the first games offered in a live casino dealer format and the technology has evolved, allowing players to enjoy a seamless experience when engaging in speed deal, regular deal, dealer controlled card squeeze or player controlled card squeeze. The software providers and online live casino operators have worked hard to ensure all player preferences are now catered for, and you can play Punto Banco, Bonus Baccarat, Professional Series Baccarat and more.
Anyone that likes betting on lotteries can enjoy a much more immersive online experience thanks to the advent of live casino sites. You can play live lottery games 24/7 at some sites, with real croupiers hosting the games. Live lottery options include Bet on Numbers and Keno when you visit a live dealer casino.
Live Dealer Sic-Bo
Live casino sites really came of age when they started offer Sic-Bo with real dealers. The dice game is hugely popular with Asian players, but it has spread around the world and live casino sites have jumped on the bandwagon. Software suppliers such as Playtech and XPG have created traditional live dealer Sic Bo games, while Evolution Gaming offers Super Sic Bo and Playtech has created Six Bo Deluxe.
Live Dealer Hi-Lo
Hi-Lo is a popular table game played with six decks of cards contained inside a random shuffling machine. Players guess whether the next card will be lower, higher or of the same value as the previous card. It is a lot more fun to play with a live dealer than to simply tangle with a random number generator online, so liver dealer Hi-Lo has soared in popularity.
Live Dealer Dream Catcher
This is a spinning wheel live dealer game from Evolution Gaming. A host spins the wheel and players bet on the number it will land on. The number equates to the odds at which you will be paid out. It falls somewhere between roulette and a slot game, but the introduction of a live dealer makes it feel like an exciting TV game show.
Live Spin a Win
This entry-level, Wheel of Fortune-style live dealer game from the Playtech live casino list has racked up plenty of fans. Win multiplier segments add an intriguing dimension to the game, providing players with the opportunity to win earn up to 40 times their stake on a single spin. The smartly dressed host adds to the theatre of the event, and this has to rank among the best live dealer games on offer.
Live Dragon Tiger
Casino enthusiasts love playing this simple, fast-paced card game. It is similar to baccarat, but features two competing cards – the dragon and the tiger. If you give it a whirl, you might be dazzled by the beauty of the studio in which it is filmed, replete with a colourful Asian theme and a gracious host.
Low Stakes Live Dealer Games And High stakes Live Dealer Games
Visitors to the best live online casinos with be presenting with a tantalising range of options, and it is important to pick the right live casino games for your budget, experience and goals. If you are an experienced player with a penchant for high stakes live casino games, you can find baccarat tables with C$30,000 maximum bets, exclusive blackjack with C$20,000 maximum bets and three card poker with a maximum wager of C$5,000. You can also check out NetEnt’s Auto Roulette, which comes with a C$150,000 maximum stake.
If you are a newcomer or you do not have a large bankroll, you should stick to low stakes games where you can have fun, hone your skills and hopefully boost that bankroll. You can play automatic roulette, Dream Catcher or Spin a Win for just 10p per bet, while Evolution Gaming’s lightning roulette and American roulette live casino games start at just 20p per bet. There are plenty of low stakes live dealer roulette games, but if you prefer card games, you might like Blackjack Bet Behind or Evolution’s hold’em poker, which both have minimum bets of just 50p.
Remember that live dealer table games generally offer a higher payout percentage than slots. Blackjack generally offers the highest payout percentage of 99.5%, while Texas Hold'em Bonus Poker, Baccarat, French roulette and Caribbean Stud Poker offer payouts above 98%. French roulette offers higher payouts than American roulette as there is no double zero.
Top-Rated Live Dealer Casino Games 2022
The best live casino game providers constantly compete to launch the most exciting new titles. We have seen a raft of exhilarating new live casino games in 2020. Evolution introduced 12 new games at trade show ICE London 2020, including:
- Crazy Time, a wild game show style offering with huge mutlipliers and bonus rounds.
- Mega Ball, a live lottery game with the potential to win 1 million times your stake.
- Instant Roulette, featuring unlimited betting time and multiple synched wheels.
- Power Blackjack, offering players the chance to bet on two initial cards and then triple or quadruple their wagers.
- First Person Dragon Tiger, Baccarat and Craps.
Another popular software supplier, NetEnt, has also fine-tuned its range and it offers a number of improved games:
- Perfect Blackjack, featuring an impressive 99.66% Return to Player.
- Auto Roulette Studio, bringing Classic, Rapid and VIP Auto Roulette together in one space.
- 3 Card Poker, offering the Pair Plus side-bet and allowing you to talk to fellow players at the table.
How to Play Live Dealer Games Online
Once you have chosen a live casino that suits your needs, you need to set up an account and make a deposit before you can start playing. Follow these steps to start playing at the best live online casinos:
- Follow a link from out site to your chosen casino.
- Click on the button that says “Get Started”, “Sign Up”, “Register” or “Join Now”.
- Enter your personal details, choose a username and password and select your currency.
- Confirm your age and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Verify your email address and provide proof of ID to complete the KYC process. This will require you to submit documents (passport/driver’s licence/proof of address).
- Enter a bonus code to take advantage of any free bets or spins.
- Make a deposit using your method of choice.
- Choose your game and start playing.
- To make a withdrawal, visit the cashier section, click on “Withdrawal”, enter your chose amount, select your method and submit your request.
Live Casino And Games On Mobile
Many live casino fans prefer the convenience of playing on a mobile to using a classic desktop site. Most Canadian live casino operators have invested accordingly to ensure a seamless live dealer experience on mobile devices. However, some sites only work on a desktop and some mobile apps leave a lot to be desired, while others only provide a limited selection of games on a mobile, so it is important to hunt out the best live casino sites and games for iOS, Android and Windows Phone systems. Dream Vegas, 888 Casino and LeoVegas are the best live casino sites for mobile users in Canada.
Live Casino Bonus
A wide range of live dealer casino sites are vying for your business and many will offer exciting bonus offers to lure you in. You will often find dedicated live casino bonuses at the best live online casinos. Players are generally rewarded with a matched deposit bonus of at least 100% on their first deposit, while you can also receive free spins.
Some sites will even offer a live casino no deposit bonus, which allows you to dip a toe into this exciting world and place risk-free bets without handing over any of your own money. If you see a live casino no deposit bonus, you should snap it up, as you really have nothing to lose. There are also reload bonuses and ongoing promotions designed to ensure continued loyalty among people that like playing live casino games.
You should just bear in mind that these promotions come with conditions attached. A key condition to look out for is a rollover requirement. This indicates the number of times that you must bet your bonus credit at a live dealer game before you are allowed to withdraw your profits. For example, LeoVegas gives live dealer customers a 100% matched deposit bonus on your first deposit of up to C$100. You will therefore receive C$200 in credit if you deposit C$100. It comes with a 75x rollover, but live casino games count 100% towards rollover requirements.
888 Casino will give you a 100% matched deposit bonus up to C$200, along with 25 free spins. It comes with a 30x rollover requirement, but games like live blackjack, live baccarat, live hold’em and live roulette only contribute 10% to the rollover requirement. This means that only 10% of your stake on each bet counts towards the betting requirement. It is rate to find a live dealer casino that allows 100% rollover contributions on live table and roulette games, so make sure you check the terms and conditions before accepting a promotion.
Best Live Casino Software
The online casino sector is awash with talented, ambitious firms that compete to release the most exciting software each year. They have channelled considerable time, resources and energy into producing live casino games in recent years, meaning visitors to live casino online sites are spoiled for choice.
Evolution Gaming Live Casino Software
Evolution has firmly established itself as the world leader in live dealer gaming. The Stockholm-listed firm was established in 2006 to provide online casino games, and it now operates studios across Europe and North America. It spotted the huge potential for live casino games and set about producing a wide array of feature-rich classic casino games, first-person offerings and game shows. Evolution maintains a constant pipeline of innovation and it regularly releases new titles that push boundaries for live casino games.
NetEnt Live Casino Software
NetEnt has more than 1,000 employees working in Malta, Sweden, Gibraltar, Poland, Ukraine, the UK and USA. It handled 58.3 billion gaming transactions in 2019, and it has been ramping up its focus on live casino games in recent years. The firm is probably most famous for its online slots, but it also works with many of the best online casinos, supplying blackjack, roulette, poker and more.
Other Live Casino Software Providers
There are many more talented software providers operating in the live dealer casinos sector, including Microgaming, Playtech, Pragmatic Play, Extreme Live Gaming, Authentic Gaming. They all have different specialities, but the fierce competition between these firms means that the real winner is the player. A number of live dealer casinos just work with one provider, which is often Evolution, but some of the best live online casinos work with multiple providers to ensure a wealth of choice.
Live Streams From Land-Based Casinos
The best live casinos started out by setting up professional dealers in studios dressed up to look like a real casino. However, the sector has continued to evolve, and some sites now allow players to enjoy live streams from brick and mortar casinos in different countries while betting on the action. Some of the famous casinos in Atlantic City have started to offer this service, along with casinos such as Aspers and Hippodrome. Evolution Gaming and Pragmatic Play are among the firms that provide this service to Canadian live online casino sites.
Live Casino Deposits and Withdrawals
The best live casinos will offer a variety of methods for making deposits and withdrawals. They include debit card, credit card, a wire transfer, an e-wallet such as Neteller, Skrill or PayPal, prepaid vouchers like a PaySafeCard or prepaid cards such as GoPlay or GiroPay. Other methods might include Trustly or Sofort at some live casino sites.
You will also notice that a handful of live dealer casinos now accept cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin for deposits and withdrawals. These are quick, cost effective and efficient, but remember that these digital coins are volatile and a drop in the exchange rates could erode your winnings if you do not quickly convert back to fiat currencies. Most deposit methods are free and instant. Withdrawal times can vary depending on the method you choose. Some withdrawal methods will incur a cost.
You will generally have to withdraw via the same method by which you made your deposit. This is to prevent money laundering. You should also bear in mind that most live dealer casino sites do not allow you to enjoy a welcome bonus if you use Skrill or Neteller. This is designed to prevent bonus abuse.
Pros And Cons Of Canadian Live Online Casinos?
- You can enjoy a much more sociable experience as you chat with the dealer and fellow players.
- The experience feels a lot more authentic, and there is a greater perception of transparency, as you are not playing against a random number generator.
- Technological improvements mean you can enjoy a wide range of games, including many exclusives, in a seamless fashion.
- There are often specific live dealer bonuses and live casino no deposit bonus offers at the top live casinos.
- Play can be slower than traditional online casino games due to other participants hesitating.
- The popularity of online casino games means that all the table can be full at times, causing frustrating wait times.
- Some live casino sites have glitches and bugs, which disrupt the viewing experience, so you should stick with the best live casinos mentioned above.
Are Live Dealer games in the Canada safe and secure?
- Live dealer games are perfectly safe and secure for Canadian players, provided you choose a reputable, licenced operator. The leading Canadian live casino sites fall under the jurisdiction of the UK, Malta and Gibratar Gambling Commissions, which forces them to uphold high standards in safety, security, fairness and transparency. They will protect your personal and financial data with SSL encrypted software, but you should choose a live dealer casino site that does not have a history of security breaches.
What makes playing with a Live Casino so exciting?
- It replicates the thrill of walking into a glamorous casino in Las Vegas, Atlantic City or central London. You play with smart, professional dealers and you can chat to fellow participants as you go, but you do not need to leave the comfort of your home. Technological improvements mean the games are becoming increasingly sophisticated and there are no lag times, creating a seamless experience.
Are Live Casinos available on Mobile?
- Many of the best live online casinos offer live dealer play on mobile devices. They will be optimised for a smartphone or tablet, bringing real life dealers to the palm of your hand and allowing you to play while out and about or lying on the sofa. However, some online casinos only offer a limited amount of games on their mobile sites, so make sure you stick with the best mobile casinos.
Do Live Casino mobile games require a lot of data?
- You should always try to connect to Wi-Fi when playing live casino mobile games, as they can require a lot of data. If you have an unlimited data plan, you have nothing to worry about, but otherwise you might find it eats into your monthly allowance pretty quickly. A strong Wi-Fi connection will always ensure you experience mobile live casino play at its finest.
Where are Live Dealer studios located?
- There are love dealer studios located across Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia. In the UK, Evolution has filmed roulette from the Genting Casino in Birmingham and Grosvenor’s Victoria Casino in London, among others, while there are NetPlay, Extreme and Authentic studios dotted about the country. Playtech has large studios in Finland and Latvia, while Evolution films in Vancouver, Atlantic City, Tbilisi, Malta and more.
Can I play Live Casino games for free?
- Yes, in Canada you are able to try casino games for free before playing them.
Is playing with a Live Casino better than using regular online casino roulette and blackjack games?
- It really is a personal preference. Some people prefer the speed and impersonal nature of regular online casino roulette and blackjack games. However, others prefer the thrill, sociability and authenticity of live casino games, and live casino online sites continue to grow in popularity with each passing year.
How do I find Exclusive Live Casino Games?
- Some software providers will create exclusive games specifically for a particular live dealer casino operator. These are rare, but large operators like 888 Casino and LeoVegas have been able to secure exclusive live dealer games that you can only play on those sites.
Are Live Casino Games streamed in HD?
- The best live online casinos will stream games to your desktop or mobile device in perfect, high-definition quality. These HD streams arrive instantly, and you can enjoy the authenticity and excitement of a brick and mortar casino. A few small sites might offer poor quality streams, but most top live casinos stream all their content in HD.
Are live dealer games streamed from real land-based casinos?
- Many live dealer games are now streamed from real land-based casinos spread across the UK, Europe and North America. However, the majority are still streamed from dedicated studios. Yet you will always be able to play with slick, professional, friendly dealers and gain an authentic casino experience.
Are Live Dealer games licenced and legal?
- We only recommend licenced and legal live casino sites. You should therefore stick with the leading operators listed above, as they are all licenced by the relevant Gambling Commissions. Illegal, unlicenced operators will target Canadian players, and many of them are scam sites, so you always have to be vigilant when signing up with a new online casino site.
Can Live Dealers cheat?
- You will not be cheated if you stick with a licenced, legal, regulated live dealer casino site. It is theoretically possible for a live dealer to cheat, but there is no real incentive for the dealer or the operator to cheat you, as the risk of being caught is enough to deter them. The site would suffer reputational damage, lose customers and probably go out of business. However, it is always prudent to stick with the operators on this page, which have a history of fairness and honesty.
What does Live Casino RNG mean?
- RNG stands for random number generator. This software is used to calculate the results in virtual online roulette and card games. Live dealer play differs from RNG gaming, because a real person spins the wheel or deals the cards, meaning there is no need to rely upon a generator. However, some sites specialise in live dealer play, but also offer RNG games, meaning you will generally find both under the same roof.
What is the House Edge for Live Dealer Games?
- You can generally enjoy a 99.5% return to player when enjoying live dealer blackjack, meaning the house edge is just 0.5%. Texas Hold’Em Bonus Poker has a house edge of 0.53%, while Baccarat has an edge of 1.05% and French roulette has a house edge of 1.35%, which comes from the single zero. Other live casino games can have a higher house edge.
Can I win real money playing Live Casino Games?
- You can absolutely win real money by playing live casino games. You can stake anything from 10c to C$100,000 at the best online live casinos, and you will receive a real profit if you are successful. You can then choose your withdrawal method and transfer the funds into your bank account.
What are the typical Live Casino bonus wagering requirements?
- You typically have to meet substantial rollover requirements when you take advantage of a live casino bonus. This means you have to play the bonus credit a certain amount of times before you are able to withdraw any profits. Rollover requirements might range from 5x to 100x, depending on which live dealer casino you choose. Sometimes live dealer games will count 100% to the rollover, but often they will only contribute 10% or 20%, meaning only a tenth or a fifth of each bet you place counts towards hitting the wagering requirements.
What are Live Casino Jackpot Games?
- Jackpot games provide players with the tantalising opportunity to rack up large profits off relatively small stakes. A progressive jackpot will continue to increase in size until a player triggers it, winning anything from thousands to millions of pounds. You can play progressive jackpot slots or video poker at some sites that specialise in live casino play. Some live lottery games also feature a progressive jackpot, as money is carried forward to the next draw if it is not won.
What is Live Casino Football Studio?
- You can stream the action from a live football-themed studio, replete with video animation, live match commentary and chat from a presenter. You simply have to bet on home win, away win or draw in each round. Two cards are dealt – one in the home position and the other in the away position – and you simply have to predict which position will receive the highest card.
Do I need to download Live Casino software?
- You should not need to download any live casino software. The software is hosted on the live dealer casino that you have an account with, so you simply need to log in and start playing on either a desktop or a mobile device.
How do I chat with Live Casino Dealers?
- The live dealer will greet you by your in-game name when you enter. You can introduce yourself and use the live chat function to interact with them throughout proceedings. Type in your messages, ask questions and make the whole process more sociable and fun.
What to do if I lose connection during a Live Casino Game?
- If you lose connection, the game will proceed in real time. Any bet you placed will be settled. If the bet is a winner, you will see it added to your balance when you regain your connection. When you log back in, you can simply continue playing the game.