Best Online Casino Bonuses Canada
Finding the best online casino bonuses can be a challenge – that’s why we’ve done all the hard work for you. Here you'll find a guide explaining where to find the biggest and best casino bonuses around, so you can enjoy the most generous welcome promotions when you sign up to a new casino while also enjoying bonuses the returning players are awarded. Get all you need to know about the top casino promotions right here with our guide to the best UK online casino bonuses in 2019!
Most Popular Types of Online Casino Bonuses
Bonuses and promotions from internet casinos come in all shapes and sizes. New players are often treated to generous welcome bonuses while returning players might get access to a bunch of free spins or a cashback special; players can even join a VIP club or programme for exclusive offers. Regardless of whether you are signing up at a casino for the first time or returning for the millionth time, there is probably some type of bonus waiting for you. To help players better understand the most common bonus types offered in 2017, we broke them down below:
- No-Deposit Bonus | This is often offered to players simply for registering to a casino. This offer is usually made up of free spins or a small amount of bonus cash. This bonus allows the player to try out the site before they make their first deposit.
- Welcome Bonus | This is the most popular casino bonus, the offer that casinos sell themselves on. These offers can gift the player a large bonus amount, around two to three times their deposit. However, they often come with heavy wagering requirements.
- Casino Deposit Bonus | Most online casinos will give players a deposit bonus on their first few deposits so they can secure them as a long-term player. These are match bonuses with wagering requirements.
- Free Spins | Another hugely popular casino bonus is a gift of free spins to promote a slot game. Wins from free spins will often be capped with wagering requirements that need to be met.
- VIP Points | Collecting VIP bonus points can offer some very nice perks, including cash bonuses, holidays and event tickets.
Understanding First Deposit Bonuses
One of the most attractive bonus offers that a player can claim for a casino is the first deposit bonus. This welcome offer is what entices players to come and take a punt at an online casino. Online casinos are competing against each other with their sign-up bonuses; a player will usually choose to play at a casino based on the quality of its first deposit bonus offer. These offers vary from casino to casino and can range from free spins offers to match bonuses. Many casinos usually offer 100% match bonus on a £100 deposit, so you’d get £100 in bonus money on top of your deposited money.
How Do Free Spins Work?
Free spins are the most common type of casino offer. A free spins bonus gives the player a number of free spins on a certain slot game. Some casinos will have wagering requirements attached to free slot spins, while some casinos will allow you to keep the winnings as real cash. There will be restrictions on the free spins you receive by making a deposit. This will be a cap on the amount of money you can win from free casino spins, usually £100.
Step-by-Step Guide to Signing Up for Welcome Bonuses
When players visit a top online casino website for the first time, they are typically greeted with a welcome bonus. Most casinos will prompt players to register for an account with the operator before the player is eligible for the bonus. To help avoid any confusion during that process, we've laid out a generic guide to signing up for a new player casino bonus:
- Step 1: Verify account information. | When you’ve picked the online casino welcome bonus you wish to claim, you need to sign up with your email address and a secure password. Many online casinos require two types of photographic ID for identity verification.
- Step 2: Read the 'Terms and Conditions'. | Be sure to read the terms and conditions before making your first deposit and make yourself aware of any wagering requirements.
- Step 3: Check for Bonus Code. | Make sure you input the bonus code when you make your first deposit. If you don't enter the code then you could miss out on your sign-up bonus. Some casinos don’t require a bonus code on first deposit, but most do.
Receiving a Casino Bonus Without Depositing
A casino bonus that can be claimed without making a deposit will most likely come with restrictions. These no-deposit bonuses are solely to get the player to sign up – that way the casino has their details and can try and entice players to make a deposit through other offers. Getting a casino bonus without depositing is common practice with online casinos. It's a great way for players to try out a casino before depositing and playing with real money. It's worth nothing that these bonuses won’t be as generous and will often have a cap on any winnings won through the bonus.
Advantages to Joining a VIP/Loyalty Programme
There are some good benefits to online casino VIP programmes, especially if you’re a high roller. Some VIP schemes are as easy to access as signing up, while there are some you have to be invited into. Either way, the casino will usually assign a VIP Account Manager to look after the VIPs. The perks of being a VIP player vary and many casinos offer different types of perks, which might include:
- Money Back on Bets
- Tickets to Sporting Events
- Bigger Bonuses
- Faster Withdrawals
- Birthday Gifts
- Reduced Wagering Requirements
The most common loyalty programme is the points system, where you earn points for playing, which can be converted into money that can be wagered. A lot of these systems are tiered, so the perks get bigger and better as you play through the tiers. The more a player indulges with the casino, the more points/perks they are awarded. If you’re a loyal player, then it’s worth signing up and taking advantage of the VIP perks.
Why You Should Always Read Bonus Terms & Conditions
It’s important to look at the terms and conditions before you commit to claiming a casino deposit bonus. The terms and conditions will state the restrictions that come with the bonus offer, such as the countries that players can sign-in from, or they will also state the wagering requirement (if any) and the minimum deposit needed for each bonus. It’s crucial to know the terms of the offer before you claim it and then realise you can’t withdraw the winnings because there were some hidden terms that you weren't aware of. Think of the T&Cs as the "fine print" that comes along with any other promotion.
You should only play at an online casino that clearly displays a link to the terms and conditions. If a casino doesn’t have its fine print readily accessible, then you should strongly consider taking your casino play somewhere else. If you're unlucky, you might find casino terms including bogus restrictions, stating that they will void any winnings if punters aren’t playing ‘recreationally’. Avoid these casinos at all cost. Be sure to check out the bonus terms for jumping in and making a deposit. All the casinos CasinoSource.co.uk reviews are above board with no bogus terms.
What are Wagering Requirements?
Wagering requirements are often attached to casino bonuses. Most casinos have these, though the wagering or ‘play through’ requirement varies from casino to casino. Some casinos have 24x wagering, some have 34x wagering and some have no wagering requirements at all. The usual casino wagering requirements are between 25x and 40x. This number means you should multiply the bonus amount by the wagering requirement, so if you receive a £50 bonus with 25x wagering, then you’ll need to wager £1250 (50 x 25) to release the funds to your real money account. Wagering requirements basically mean you need to wager or ‘risk’ a certain amount before the bonus money becomes withdrawable cash. It’s also to make sure players meet the minimum deposit amount. These wagering requirements are linked to free spins and other bonuses.
Finding Bonuses for Individual Casino Games
Casinos will base bonuses around certain games in a bid to promote them or because it’s a low variance game and wouldn’t cost the casino much to offer a bonus on it – simply head to a casino's homepage or promotions section for a comprehensive list. Slot bonuses are often tied to a slot game, so look out for newly launched or highly anticipated slots. Most casino bonuses can be played on any game, though blackjack bonuses, roulette bonuses and live dealer bonuses are hard to come by because the house edge is much lower on these games.