Visit our dedicated Ontario Province page to see the most recent updates on online casinos and gambling in Ontario.
Best Casino Bonuses in Canada
Canadian players have dozens of exciting options and casino offers at their disposal when searching for a great online casino. Established operators and innovative newcomers are battling for your business, and the vast majority of them will offer attractive bonuses in a bid to stand out from the crowd. You can significantly boost your chances of earning an overall profit by taking advantage of the latest casino bonuses. Read on to discover the best casino bonuses on offer at safe, trustworthy online casinos.
|Casino Provider||Bonus Offer||Review|
Mobile Friendly Casino with Jackpots, Tournaments & 24/7 Support
19+. T&C Apply. Play Responsibly
Instant Withdrawals, iRush Loyalty and Multiple Deposit Methods
19+. T&C Apply. Play Responsibly
Award-Winning Casino with Fast Payouts & Large Casino Games list
19+. T&C Apply. Play Responsibly
Great Loyalty Program, Jackpot Slots and 24/7 Customer Support
19+ T&C Apply. Play Responsibly
Award-winning Mobile Casino Experience with 24/7 Customer Support
19+. T&C Apply. Play Responsibly
Huge Slots selection with over 3000+ games on mobile and desktop
19+ T&Cs Apply, Play Responsibly
Exclusive Casino Games & Tournaments at Unibet Canada
19+ T&Cs Apply. Play Responsibly.
500+ Casino Games, Various Game Providers, Top Customer Support
Must be 19+ to participate. T&Cs Apply. Play Responsibly.
Las Vegas Experience, Mobile Friendly, High-quality software
19+. T&Cs apply. Play Responsibly.
Fast Mobile App, Large Casino Games list & Great Customer Support
19+ T&C Apply. Play Responsibly
Over 3000 games and still counting
19+. T&C Apply. Play Responsibly
Great User Interface, Fast Payouts and Big Casino Games List
19+ Only - T&Cs Apply
What Would You Like To Know About Casino Bonuses?
- ✅ How We Review Top Casino Bonuses
- ✅ How To Find The Best Casino Bonuses
- ✅ Most Popular Types of Online Casino Bonuses
- ✅ Understanding First Deposit Bonuses
- ✅ Receiving a Casino Bonus Without Depositing
- ✅ Advantages of Joining a VIP/Loyalty Programme
- ✅ Casino Bonus Terms & Conditions
- ✅ Casino Bonus Deposit Options
- ✅ Step-by-Step Guide to Signing Up for Online Casino Bonuses
Guide to Online Casino Bonuses in Canada
|🏆 Best Casino Bonus Site||Playzee|
|🎰 Best Free Spins Site||Duelz Casino|
|💰 Best Cashback Bonus Site||Betway|
|🎁 Best Match Bonus Deposit||Dream Vegas|
|🥇 Best No Deposit Bonus Site||Spinit Casino|
|🆕 Best Casino Site for Beginners||Playluck Casino|
Ambitious online casino operators regularly promote welcome bonuses as they bid to drum up new business in the fiercely competitive Canadian market and new casino offers are drummed up all the time. These sign-up bonuses take many forms, from a match bonus to free spins, and you can even find some exciting no deposit casino bonuses. Once you have registered with an online casino, it should work hard to secure your ongoing loyalty. The best online casinos will do so by offering a wealth of high-quality casino games, slick software and so on, but they should also offer you ongoing bonuses and provide a VIP or loyalty programme as an added incentive.
Many of these casino sign-up bonuses and ongoing bonuses sound extremely exciting. However, they generally come with several catches attached to them. Most require you to deposit your own money before you can unlock the bonus – the latest Canadian no deposit casino bonuses are an exception – and you will also have to complete wagering requirements before you can actually withdraw cash from your account.
It is therefore vital that you arm yourself with a thorough understanding of how online casino bonuses work. This article will explain the mechanics that underpin the various casino bonuses available for Canadian players, and help you uncover the true value of each bonus before pointing you in the direction of the best online casino bonuses.
How we review Top Casino Bonuses
We compare a number of key criteria when searching for the best online casino bonuses in Canada. First we gauge what casino offers are available – bonus credit, free spins bonus, loyalty points or a combination thereof – and how it stacks up against the competition. Then we delve into the conditions that are imposed before you can make a withdrawal after availing of an online casino bonus.
We also assess the minimum and maximum bonus amount that can be triggered in each case, analyse the deposit methods on offer and take note of any other restrictions, such as wagering requirement contributions and withdrawal limits. Once we have all of this information, we can judge the true bonus on offer in each case, and make recommendations from a position of strength.
Our expert reviewers also sign up for an account with each site, deposit money into the account and take the casino bonuses on offer. They test how easy the process is and make sure the site will actually deliver upon the bonuses that it promises. They test the play through requirements and the banking methods, and interact with customer service representatives to see how helpful and knowledgeable they are when it comes to the online casino sign-up bonuses.
We will also only recommend the latest casino bonuses from trustworthy sites that hold a Malta Gaming Authority licence. You can read a full casino review of each site to gauge how well it performs in terms of game variety, game quality, user experience, banking methods, customer service, software options, payout rates and security measures, alongside how attractive the casino bonuses it offers are.
How to Find and Compare the Best Casino Bonuses
Bookmark this page to find the latest casino bonuses and the latest no deposit casino bonuses that Canadian players can benefit from. We constantly scour the market for new and exciting casino bonuses, helping our readers gain the best value possible. It pays to sign up for multiple online casino accounts, as that ensures will you enjoy several bonuses and have a huge range of games to choose from, so we will always shine a light on great new sites featuring the best casino bonuses.
There are certain factors that you should pay attention to before deciding which are the best online casino bonuses. Your primary consideration will naturally be the size of the matched deposit bonus or the number of free spins on offer. A 200% bonus immediately sounds more impressive than a 50% bonus, but that is not always the case. You must also take into account the maximum bonus amount that you are entitled to, and the wagering requirements. Only then will you arrive at the true bonus that is up for grabs.
For example, one casino might offer a 100% matched deposit worth up to C$500, with a 35x wagering requirement. A rival online casino could offer a 200% matched deposit bonus worth up to C$250, with an 80x wagering requirement. On balance, you might decide that the first option is more appealing, because it has a far lower wagering requirement and your chances of withdrawing cash at the end of the day will be higher.
In an ideal world, you would enjoy a 600% matched deposit bonus, with 200 free spins thrown in, and the wagering requirements would be non-existent or minimal. However, no sensible online casino would offer such a generous bonus. In fact, if you were presented with such an offer, it should set alarm bells ringing, as it could well be a scam. In reality, you will always have to make a compromise. You generally find that the most generous casino bonus come with the highest rollover requirements, so you have to work hard to find the best balance possible.
Fortunately, we have done the hard work for you. We compare the best casino bonuses on offer at hundreds of sites targeting Canadian players. We then list all the most attractive offers on this page. Our experts will also delve into the small print and present you with the most important bonus terms in a clear and concise fashion, allowing you to make quick and effective decisions about which casino bonuses to take advantage of.
Latest Casino Bonuses in Canada
Canada boasts the world’s most sophisticated and competitive online casino market, and players are thoroughly spoiled for choice. Ambitious operators regularly launch new online casino sites in an effort to carve out a share of the lucrative Canadian market, but they must offer compelling casino bonuses if they are to compete with the major players. That means you will benefit from some extremely generous casino bonuses if you sign up for an account with new casino sites in Canada.
You will often find that new online casinos will offer bonuses with lower than average wagering requirements. Many will offer no deposit casino bonuses in order to lure you in. These sites will also need to provide slick software, an impressive range of games and all the latest innovations if they are to stand out in the ferociously competitive Canadian market, so it is well worth signing up for accounts with new casino sites.
However, the established operators also work hard to protect their market share. They regularly improve their welcome bonuses and loyalty schemes in a bid to attract new customers, so it always pays to keep an eye on the market for the latest casino bonuses. We constantly monitor the latest casino bonuses promoted by new and existing operators, so you should bookmark this page to stay abreast of the best online casino bonuses.
Most Popular Types of Online Casino Bonuses
The online casino bonuses at your disposal fall into several different categories. It helps to gain a thorough understanding of each type of online casino bonus, as this helps you to seize upon the most attractive options. These are the key bonus types you might see on offer:
- This is a key marketing tool that online casinos use in a bid to attract new players. You generally have to deposit some of your own money in order to unlock the online casino bonus, so it is widely referred to as a matched deposit bonus. For example, you might find a 100% welcome bonus up to C$200. That means you would receive C$400 to play with if you deposited C$200 of your own money. A 200% welcome bonus up to C$500 would see you given C$750 to play with if you deposited C$250 of your own money. Just remember to check the wagering requirements and read the small print before deciding which of the top casino bonuses to accept.
Free Spins Bonus
- This bonus allows you to have a certain number of free spins on online slot machines at a casino. Sometimes a casino will offer a combination of a matched deposit bonus and free spins. For example, you might receive a 100% welcome bonus up to C$500 plus 50 extra spins. Once again, you need to read the small print to determine the value of these free spins, the wagering requirements and any limitations on the games that the free spins bonus can be used on.
- Casino sites will often dish out reload bonuses to keep customers loyal. It is generally smaller than the welcome bonus, but it gives you an added incentive to keep playing. For example, you might receive a 100% welcome bonus up to C$500 plus 30 free spins when you sign up for a new account at a particular online casino. You might then earn a 25% matched deposit bonus worth up to C$800 plus another 25 free spins when you make your second deposit. The casino might then offer you a 50% matched deposit bonus up to C$200 plus 50 free spins on your third deposit.
- Many online casinos allow you to collect loyalty points as you play. You can then exchange these loyalty points for free bets, free spins or other exciting rewards. This is another tool designed to keep customers loyal, and it is worth scrutinising the loyalty scheme on offer, as it can help you make an overall profit when playing.
- Players that place large wagers or a high volume of wagers should benefit from a VIP programme. VIPs can expect tailored bonuses, improved customer service, expedited payouts, hospitality invites and much more.
Mobile Casino Bonuses
- Some online casino operators will offer unique bonuses for mobile users. Mobile gaming has soared in popularity over the past few years and many casinos now adopt a mobile-first strategy, so you can benefit from many exciting mobile casino bonuses and mobile casino no deposit bonuses when using a smartphone or tablet.
Live Casino Bonuses
- The advent of live dealer play has revolutionised online casino gaming in Canada. It reproduces the thrill of the casino floor by putting you in contact with a live dealer, who will be based in a studio or a land-based casino. You can then play all manner of table games and other exciting games, while interacting with the dealer and your fellow players. Several live casinos offer specific bonuses to encourage players to join the revolution.
- You will occasionally find short-term promotions tied to calendar events, days of the week or new slots. Sometimes software providers bankroll promotions when they release a new game in a bid to generate publicity and encourage players to experiment with it. You can often benefit from free spins, bonus credit or prize draws.
Refer a Friend
- Many casinos will reward you for encouraging friends and family to sign up for an account. The bonus you receive will generally be tied to the amount your friend deposits.
Understanding the 1st Deposit Bonus
This welcome bonus is tied to the first deposit you make when signing up for a new account at a particular online casino. The amount of bonus credit you receive depends upon the amount you deposit. For example, you might see a 100% match bonus up to C$100. If you deposit C$100 of your own money, you will unlock a C$100 bonus, giving you C$200 to play with. There is generally a minimum amount that you must deposit in order to qualify for this bonus. If it is C$20, you would receive C$40 to play with when you trigger a 100% matched deposit bonus. You will then need to play this credit through a certain number of times before you can make a withdrawal. This process is known as completing the wagering requirement, which we will explain in greater detail further down the page.
How Do Free Spins Bonuses Work?
Several casinos will offer you free spins when you sign up for an account as one of their main casino offers. It essentially allows you to test drive a casino without having to risk your own money. The free spins will often be limited to just one particular slot or a small handful of slots. You should see a “Free Spins” icon displayed on the game window for eligible slots. If you click “Play” within that widget it will trigger a free spins session.
The free spins will generally be worth the lowest possible stake on a particular slot. For example, if you are given 30 free spins on Starburst, you can spin the slot 30 times at a stake of C$0.10. Once you have used all of your free spins, any bonus money you win will be added to your account balance. Sometimes it will take the form of cash, but it normally takes the form of a casino bonus, which is subject to wagering requirements before you can actually make a cash withdrawal.
Receiving a Casino Bonus Without Depositing
Some ambitious casino sites will offer no deposit casino bonuses in order to attract new customers. It is well worth taking advantage of the latest no deposit casino bonuses, because it gives you a chance to enjoy a risk-free bet. You will not have to deposit your own money, and can essentially play for free. Any winnings will generally be subject to onerous rollover requirements before you can make a cash withdrawal, but it is possible to earn real money and withdraw it without making a deposit.
It begs the question, why do casinos provide no deposit casino bonuses? Many believe that getting the customer through the door is half the battle. It gives them an opportunity to show off their wares, in the hope that you will be impressed by the casino platform and become a long-term customer. You will often find mobile casino no deposit bonuses among the list of the latest casino bonuses. No deposit bonuses are always worth seeking out, and you can find all the latest Canadian no deposit casino bonuses by bookmarking this page.
The best no deposit casino bonuses typically take the form of free spins. You might be given 30 free spins to see what you think of the casino. Some casinos will actually give you free credit. You might be given C$10 in risk-free bets. If you lose, you can walk away without having risked any of your own money. If you win, you can keep playing and hope that you complete the wagering requirements, at which point you can make a withdrawal.
Casino Bonuses in Ontario
Due to regulations put in place by the AGCO (Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario), operators are not allowed to publicly advertise casino bonuses in this jurisdiction whether that be through traditional advertising or through third-party websites, such as CasinoSource. If a player wants to see the bonuses available at any given casino, they will need to give their active consent to do so and sign up at that casino site. Here at CasinoSource, we've rigorously reviewed and tested each casino, and our reviewers have signed up to every casino on the market to scope out their welcome bonuses. Rest assured, if we feel an Ontario casino site doesn't have a welcome bonus that meets our high standards, we will let you know in our tailored reviews.
Advantages of Joining a VIP/Loyalty Programme
Most online casinos will reward your ongoing loyalty by allowing you to rack up points as you play with a loyalty bonus. For example, you might receive 1 point for every C$1 you bet on online poker or table games and 5 points for every C$1 you bet on slots. You can then exchange these points for rewards, such as free bets, free spins, event tickets and other exciting prizes. A really generous loyalty programme can make the difference between earning a profit or incurring a loss over the course of the year.
If you place a high volume of bets or you are classed as a high roller, you should qualify for VIP treatment. This typically tiered, so you could become a Silver, Gold or Platinum member depending on the amount you wager. VIP benefits include:
- Cashback on bets
- Quicker withdrawals
- Specific tailored bonuses
- Lower wagering requirements
- A personal account manager
- Birthday gifts
- Tickets to concerts or sporting events
- Gadgets and luxury goods
Finding Bonuses for Individual Casino Games
You will often notice that casinos tie bonuses to certain games. It could be designed to promote that particular game, or it could be because it is a relatively low variance game that would not cost the casino much to offer a bonus on it. Starburst, Gonzo’s Quest, Jack and the Beanstalk and Twin Spin are common games that you will find tied to the latest casino bonuses. Seasonal slot bonuses are often linked to a particular game, so look out for the newly launched slots.
The game developer may help to fund these top casino bonuses – for instance, you might find no deposit NetEnt casino bonuses if NetEnt has released an exciting new slot. Sometimes you can choose between two or three different welcome offers at a site that offers the best casino bonuses. Canadian players can benefit from the ability to tailor bonuses to their requirements. You might also be able to choose between live casino bonuses, mobile casino bonuses and so on, depending on the type of games you like to play.
Casino Bonus Deposit Options
The best online casino bonuses in Canada will be triggered when you deposit your own money into an account which will then be topped up by bonus money once certain parameters are met. You should be able to choose from a wide array of deposit methods if you choose one of the best online casinos. The payment methods include: a debit or credit card, an e-wallet such as Neteller, Skrill or PayPal, a wire transfer, a prepaid voucher like a PaySafeCard, a prepaid card provider like GiroPay, or slightly more niche options such as Sofort, Trustly, SEPA, Zimpler, Siru, Boku and EntroPay. Some online casinos will accept cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ripple and Tether as deposit methods too.
You should note that you will typically be unable to claim the latest casino bonuses if you use Skrill or Neteller as a deposit method. This is designed to prevent bonus abuse. E-wallets like Skrill and Neteller afford bettors a certain degree of anonymity, which means they can keep claiming the sign-up casino deposit bonuses. These bonuses are supposed to be limited to new players, so most online casinos will not allow you to claim a welcome bonus if you use these e-wallets. Your best bet is to use a debit card for your initial deposit and then switch to an e-wallet for subsequent deposits. Many players like to use PayPal, but some online casinos do not accept it, so you can check out a list of all the best PayPal casinos.
Step-by-Step Guide to Signing Up for Online Casino Bonuses
Claiming the latest casino bonuses is simple. Just follow these steps:
- Use Casino Source to identify the best and most reputable online casinos that offer the best online casino bonuses in Canada.
- Sign up with your personal details, choose a password, verify your email address and provide proof of ID.
- Read the terms and conditions thoroughly. Look out for wagering requirements, game eligibility, minimum deposits, maximum bonus caps, bet sizes, maximum win amounts, time limits and withdrawal limits to gain a full picture of the restrictions imposed upon the bonus.
- Input the relevant bonus code when you make your first deposit. If you do not enter the promo code, you could miss out on the latest casino bonuses. Some casinos will not require a code, but most do.
- Make a deposit using your preferred method. Remember it is best to avoid Skrill or Neteller for your initial deposit. You will then unlock the welcome bonus and the funds will be credited to your account. You can make a withdrawal once you have completed the wagering requirements. You will then be able to receive reload bonuses and other ongoing promotions.
What are casino bonuses?
- Casino bonuses are what can be considered a gift or a reward from the casino you would be playing from. It usually is given as a welcome package or to show recognition towards loyal players by giving them some percentage back, free spins, or even cashbacks. It is the casinos’ way of showing their appreciation towards their customers for using their site.
How do casino bonuses work?
- The deposit match bonus for example, will grant you a certain percentage of your qualifying deposit amount. If the bonus is 150% match and you deposit C$100, you will be granted with an extra C$150, totaling your playable balance to C$250. Free spins bonuses on the other hand are free rounds given to use on certain games, with a batch of 50 free spins, you can play 50 rounds on the casino’s selected games.
What makes a good bonus?
- A good bonus in the case of percentage back, would be a high percentage, such as 100%, 150% or 200%, those bonuses usually come with wagering, therefore, the lower the wagering the better the offer. However, most reputable casinos will tend to have a similar wagering requirement that is standardized within the online gambling industry. Other bonuses can be qualified as good bonuses based on the number of free spins no deposit or cashback you receive.
Is a casino bonus worth it?
- Casino bonuses are indeed worth it on a global scale, on the overall, they usually drastically extend your bankroll by either providing you with a certain amount of bonus funds or free spins to use. Also, keep in mind, that depending on the terms and conditions of the casino you are using, those bonus funds or spins can also get you some decent winnings if you are lucky.
What types of casino bonuses are there?
- Casino bonuses come in many forms and vary from one casino to another, the most common bonuses are: - Deposit match (X% back from your deposit) - Free spins (free rounds on games) - Welcome bonus (usually includes a deposit match + free spins) - No deposit bonus (it can be granted without a deposit) - Cashback (a percentage back on losses usually) - VIP rewards (exclusive percentage back, freebies, ranking rewards,…) - Reload (weekly or monthly bonuses) - Refer-a-friend (get a bonus if a friend registers and uses the casino)
What is the most popular type of casino bonus?
- The most popular and widespread casino bonuses are the deposit match. As mentioned above, those are usually bundled up into welcome offers with free spins. Deposit match bonuses can also be claimed under other circumstances depending on the casino’s offers of the moment, some will have those up for grabs more often than others. Always be on the lookout for a greater percentage as it will give you more funds to play with.
What Canadian casino has the best bonuses?
- Many Canadian casinos provide an outstanding and varied array of amazing bonuses, we strongly advise you to check out the best online casinos listed on here as they all have a great variety of bonuses available on a regular basis that can be played in different games such as slots, live games or table games, making sure to suit all players’ needs.
Can I win money using a casino bonus?
- Yes, you can win money using a casino bonus, where would be the fun and thrill otherwise? The best casino sites listed on casinosource.ca will all offer bonuses that will allow you to potentially win money, however, remember, most of the online games are based on luck. For most, an RNG (random number generator) is in place to ensure everyone get a fair chance at winning.
Can I withdraw my casino bonus?
- Withdrawing a bonus will depend on the casino’s terms and conditions as well as the bonus itself, if we are talking about deposit match bonuses, free spins, no deposit bonuses or reload bonuses, most of the time a wagering requirement will need to be met prior to you being able to withdraw the winnings from those. On the other hand, bonuses such as a goodwill or cashback, depending on the casino, could be withdrawn right away.
Casino Bonuses FAQ
- Gamblers Anonymous Canada (www.gamblingtherapy.org/en/canada-gamblers-anonymous)
- Canadian Gambling Association (www.canadiangaming.ca)
- Gambling.com Responsible Gambling Website (www.gambling.com/responsible)
- Malta Gaming Authority (www.mga.org.mt)
- The Betting and Gaming Council (www.bettingandgamingcouncil.com)